Corbyn didn't bow again..right wing press in meltdown!

The Dacre Murdoch axis is on its way out, people aren't taking much notice of their rags these days thankfully.

Yet after 7 years of austerity and worst campaign in decades, the conservatives got more votes than Blair did in 97 if memory serves. If 50 votes had gone the other in certain constituencies, may would have won.

I'd say crap like the mail and the express still have a huge and worrying amount of influence over the easily led.

Yet after 7 years of austerity and worst campaign in decades, the conservatives got more votes than Blair did in 97 if memory serves. If 50 votes had gone the other in certain constituencies, may would have won.

I'd say crap like the mail and the express still have a huge and worrying amount of influence over the easily led.

The election proved that people aren't so easily lead. The Mail, Sun and Express are without doubt on the wane because their readers are dying out and young people aren't so gullible.

Only half of people over 60 use the internet, (can't remember where I heard that, but sounds about right to me,) so presumably they still get their information from mainstream media. And the Daily Mail is unfortunately the most widely read newspaper, so you can't just write off its malign influence altogether. And I don't think your average over 60 Daily Mail reader would think of themselves as 'easily led' either. The DM has not given up its rubbishing of J Corbyn, far from it.

Jeremy Corbyn is only just getting the media exposure which should have been his by right ever since he became leader: it's better than it was, but there's still no doubt he is hated by the media which is after all run by the 'elite.' Until this changes he isn't going to get a fair crack of the whip.

The election proved that people aren't so easily lead. The Mail, Sun and Express are without doubt on the wane because their readers are dying out and young people aren't so gullible.

please tell us which news papers are on the up , because young people aren't so gullible

Guest sibon
please tell us which news papers are on the up , because young people aren't so gullible

It isn't papers, hackey.

That's the first mistake that the Tories made.

And yet the young constantly post tripe on facebook and believe the fake news they read there. One in a BBC interview even went as far as to say there was no need for young people not to know about politics as they can easily get information from facebook.

It isn't papers, hackey.

That's the first mistake that the Tories made.

don't disagree with you but I hate it when certain posters come on post things and cannot answer when questioned . got to add the only paper I read is the Sheffield star

Edited by hackey lad

Only half of people over 60 use the internet, (can't remember where I heard that, but sounds about right to me,) so presumably they still get their information from mainstream media. And the Daily Mail is unfortunately the most widely read newspaper, so you can't just write off its malign influence altogether. And I don't think your average over 60 Daily Mail reader would think of themselves as 'easily led' either. The DM has not given up its rubbishing of J Corbyn, far from it.

Jeremy Corbyn is only just getting the media exposure which should have been his by right ever since he became leader: it's better than it was, but there's still no doubt he is hated by the media which is after all run by the 'elite.' Until this changes he isn't going to get a fair crack of the whip.

Daily mail readers must be easily led to stump up there hard earned cash on daily basis to buy bits of paper full of adverts, lies and questionable articles about the children of celebrities. The express, if possible is even worse. I'd get more facts out of Woman's Own.

Given the really negative press corbyn got and number of votes the tories got, somebody somewhere managed to mobilise an awful lot of Tory voters and it wasn't the maybot whose lack of personality and direction cost a lot of votes. It couldn't have been policy that got Tory voters out, there wasn't any!