Bob Dylan in Sheffield

tsavo

• nikki-red changed the title to Bob Dylan in Sheffield
  • 5 years later...
1 hour ago, echo beach said:

I didn’t see Dylan  but for me, as Sinatra sang, ‘66 was a very good year’.

I prefer Elvis's voice or Tony Bennett's voice ,  Sinatra drawls imo,  was he a crooner?

Not sure whether you’d categorise him as a crooner but he had a good voice, particularly in his younger years and could certainly entertain folks.

I was referring to his song ‘It was a very good year’ which was released on an LP in ‘65 and won him a Grammy Award. I think it was one of his better performances.

I also liked Dylan who was a breath of fresh air when he broke onto the scene in the ‘60s.

His early songs are classics. Others I enjoyed were Joan Baez, Joni Mitchell and Donovan.

Used to frequent the Sheffield folk clubs in those days. Tony Capstick was a favourite as a singer/musician and a comedian.

Missed seeing Dylan live but I did see Chuck Berry and the Moody Blues at the Gaumont on 11th January 1965.

echo.

I saw Bob Dylan in Nottingham last year he was pretty good.

He never did any of his hits from the past just some new stuff but still sounded great.

The problem was he was sat behind a piano all night and never merged from it so just basically saw his head and nothing else.

He also never acknowledged the audience at any time which I thought was strange but I suppose that is Dylan