Underground clubs in sheffield

Shakalas

Back in the day there was, but nower dayz Forget it! sheffield underground has gone a bit too underground and disapeared

sorry mate if i hear of anything ill let yu know

Its all a bit thing of the past - but the hardcore scene and hard techno scenes in Sheffield have always been very different scenes.

For hardcore- Uprising - which I presume is still monthly at the Adelphi, is your best bet.

The harder acidic end of techno used to be massive with Headcharge regularly pulling in 600 people every month to the Arches. Both are now long gone - but the harder end of techno is still the main sound at many free parties. Look out for nights at the Earl (Queens Rd) & Cactus club (Pitsmoor) as well.

I'm old so dont have a clue what shranz is.. maybe someone else can help...??

Noggins do hard dance (i.e. hard house), Karma do psy-trance and a mix of breaks/chilled out in a second room, Shamanic do hard techno, The NTA do all sorts of events, Tinnitus have been doing hardcore and other dead hard styles. Zogg do psy-trance too. Uprising has started doing nights at The Plug for a fix of hardcore/hard dance (went to Mark E.G. myself and was a cracking night!) The Earl is normally good, with acid techno regularly played. There is something I'd say every week, quite a good scene at the moment. The TPCC is one of the better new venues. Don't forget the summer's almost here so expect a few festivals around Sheffield, hopefully they'll be as good as the ones put on last year.

Archived