Underground clubs in sheffield

Shakalas

Zogg do psy-trance too..

Zogg has always mixed up trance, techno and psy trance - which seems to confuse people - over the years its been accused of playing

*too much trance/techno/psy

*not enough trance/techno/psy

which means its probably got the balance about right!

UKer I thought Mark EG was mental! I was mainly in the DnB room that night but my mate loves Mark EG so was in there for a bit. Good night! Did you venture into the DnB/jungle/dub at all?

I moved between the two rooms all night, don't know who I actually caught playing in the DnB room, stayed in there most of the time cos it was that good!

there are rumours of the legendry arches reopening but not as yet. future funk at the room has a great underground following and has a few of the old headcharge/ arches djs like little stevie. lots of funky and sexy techno there. check out their websites and zoggs and also northern techno alliance for more ideas. really depends what sort of music you like but there are still lots of things happening.

have fun :)

there are rumours of the legendry arches reopening but not as yet.

There's been talk of the Arches re-opening ever since it shut down.... people forget that for its last few years - it was pretty much running on two nights per month (Headcharge & Zogg) which isnt really enough to keep a club going.. and the very last manager (Shannon?) was intending taking it on a more garage tip... until its licensed lapsed and it all went (even more) pair shaped..

Basically I'll believe it when I see it reopening.... and even if it does - it'll be a very different club to how people remember it...

the Earl is probaly Sheffield's only Underground venue left, that has got a license!!!

If you like the hard stuff then get yerself down to NOGGINS on the last Friday of the month... (website: noggins.info)

Hard House/ Nu NRG/ Acid Techno UV Parties- big synths and hard kick drums in room 1 with Danger Noise in room 2 playing dirty breakcore, hardstyle and gabba... room 3 (tbc) will funk it up!!!

If you like it musical wrongness then get down to MONSTERS OF **** on thursday 25th for the WRONG MUSIC Sheffield leg of the UK tour... hardcore & gabba/d'n'b none the less!!!

There's been talk of the Arches re-opening ever since it shut down.... people forget that for its last few years - it was pretty much running on two nights per month (Headcharge & Zogg) which isnt really enough to keep a club going.. and the very last manager (Shannon?) was intending taking it on a more garage tip... until its licensed lapsed and it all went (even more) pair shaped..

Basically I'll believe it when I see it reopening.... and even if it does - it'll be a very different club to how people remember it...

ive even heard it will reopen as a furniture warehouse!!!. yes funny as anything when it didnt have a license, you had to buy raffle tickets for your beer! :loopy:

Archived