Jeremy Corbyn at Glastonbury

If I went to a music festival and someone started preaching politics - whether Tory, Labour, far left, far right - it would ruin the weekend for me.

glastonburys different, people know theres going to be a political speaker on, there has always been one, whether CND, Nelson Mandela speeches etc.

Made me laugh it was brought up at work and a lass (who i think bats for the other side, she voted brexit) was slagging him off, saying its a music festival, you dont want that ****.

shows how much she knows about glasto, its NOT just a music festival. it has speeches, arts, poetry tents, etc etc

When i was going it was all CND, Stop the war etc

Guest sibon
If I went to a music festival and someone started preaching politics - whether Tory, Labour, far left, far right - it would ruin the weekend for me.

Think yourself lucky that you haven't attended Glastonbury in the 80s, 90s or beyond then.

It is much more than a music festival and always has been. It has always been political too. Mind you, given the size of it, you should be able to avoid JC and indulge in some crystal healing, or head massage instead if you want to.

Think yourself lucky that you haven't attended Glastonbury in the 80s, 90s or beyond then.

It is much more than a music festival and always has been. It has always been political too. Mind you, given the size of it, you should be able to avoid JC and indulge in some crystal healing, or head massage instead if you want to.

plenty on here need a head massage :suspect:

its rather depressing to see to be honest, she looks in a right state at times, and have you noticed that when she is asked a difficult question, she sort of pulls a weird face and takes a sharp intake of breath, as if the question actually hurts her inside, then she goes through all the pre scripted robotic answers that have been programmed into her, how she must wish to have the charisma of Corbyn, yeah all the haters will disagree with that, but it is Corbyn who is speaking to the thousands of people without any fear, whereas May has to have a hand chosen audience..

How she has the nerve to still talk about strong and stable is beyond anyone but the Tory diehards, and even those are starting to lose faith in her, I think the latest opinion polls show that the Tories are something like 5% behind Labour in the polls, but i stand to be corrected..

All her nonsense statements about a magic money tree, and now she finds 1billion from the same tree, you couldn't make it up, all the nonsense about a coalition of chaos, and now we have one, the woman is totally inept and must be the worst MP for decades

The great Baroness Thatcher will be turning in her grave at May's poor performence.

the whole establishment, nearly all the media outlets, the news organisations..BBC included, the courts, anyone with money really

from what ive seen on the news lately( I don't read papers ) they all seem to be giving her a hard time . Even the BBC and if they were against Jeremy why would they broadcast his Glastonbury speech live ?

from what ive seen on the news lately( I don't read papers ) they all seem to be giving her a hard time . Even the BBC and if they were against Jeremy why would they broadcast his Glastonbury speech live ?

erm because they were showing lots of glastonbury stuff?

glastonburys different, people know theres going to be a political speaker on, there has always been one, whether CND, Nelson Mandela speeches etc.

Made me laugh it was brought up at work and a lass (who i think bats for the other side, she voted brexit) was slagging him off, saying its a music festival, you dont want that ****.

shows how much she knows about glasto, its NOT just a music festival. it has speeches, arts, poetry tents, etc etc

When i was going it was all CND, Stop the war etc

I didn't know these facts. I only ever see it in the news for how big it is. I've never looked any further into it, because it's not my kind of thing. Probably less so now knowing it's a political event.

plenty on here need a head massage :suspect:

Lack of knowledge doesn't mean one requires a head massage! :|

I didn't know these facts. I only ever see it in the news for how big it is. I've never looked any further into it, because it's not my kind of thing. Probably less so now knowing it's a political event.

Lack of knowledge doesn't mean one requires a head massage! :|

yeah its born from the hippy movement and CND used to sponsor it in the 80s

from the wiki

The 1980s saw the festival become an annual fixture, barring periodic fallow years. In 1981, Michael Eavis took control of the festival, and it was organised in conjunction with the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND). That year a new Pyramid Stage was constructed from telegraph poles and metal sheeting (repurposed from materials of the Ministry of Defence), a permanent structure which doubled as a hay-barn and cow-shed during the winter.[13]

In the 1980s, the children's area of the festival (which had been organised by Arabella Churchill and others) became the starting point for a new children's charity called Children's World.[14] 1981 was the first year that the festival made profits, and Eavis donated £20,000 of them to CND.[15][16] In the following years, donations were made to a number of organisations, and since the end of the Cold War the main beneficiaries have been Oxfam, Greenpeace and WaterAid, who all contribute towards the festival by providing features and volunteers, who work at the festival in exchange for free entry.[17]