Kingfield road resurfacing S11

A resident at a nursing home in Kingfield Road gets out once a week to go to a Lunch Club. She is considerably troubled knowing that the road is likely to be closed on Wed 5 July. What happens to vehicles of those living or working in that road while the road is under repair? Are they allowed through? Is there any way of making sure it will be possible for a community bus to get through?

A resident at a nursing home in Kingfield Road gets out once a week to go to a Lunch Club. She is considerably troubled knowing that the road is likely to be closed on Wed 5 July. What happens to vehicles of those living or working in that road while the road is under repair? Are they allowed through? Is there any way of making sure it will be possible for a community bus to get through?

If the road is closed, nothing (except emergency services) is allowed through. The 268 (the community bus for Wharncliffe Side) could not run on the proper route over the last few days due to the areas around Marcliffe Road being re-surfaced.

Guest sibon

Amey usually try to let residents in and out. I'm pretty sure that they will be extra courteous to residents of a care home.

When they were in our area the top and bottom of the road were closed - I live in the middle - on every occasion I needed to leave or to get home I had no problem at all. The guys who were working on this particular area were very helpful and it didn't cause me any issues.

It seems from other posters that they have had a similar experience :)

Guest makapaka

When they did our road they were really helpful generally. Come and give you a knock in the morning and let you know when it was ok to leave car etc

We had the same experience as others. The workers were very helpful.

I recommend contacting Amey by phone or email, and explaining the concerns. I'm confident they'll be sympathetic and helpful.

Given the posts so far, it looks like it will be ok, but of course they could be doing right in front of it on the day. Perhaps email them and explain. Can't hurt.