Wicker closed by Police 02/07/2017

Welcome back DC

Have you ever walked there and what happened to you when you did? Please tell us all about it so your opinions get some realistic foundation to them.

I don't mean for you to repeat silly stories like other parrots have done here but to speak from knowledge that comes from actual experience.

Before I get into this, you're basically going to go with the logic of "if something bad to you as an individual doesn't happen then it's a safe and beautiful area"?

Before I get into this, you're basically going to go with the logic of "if something bad to you as an individual doesn't happen then it's a safe and beautiful area"?

If that is true than it works both ways, it is neither a safe nor an unsafe area.

Wicker isn't beautiful, it is ok and lots of potential but that is not yet taking off.

If that is true than it works both ways, it is neither a safe nor an unsafe area.

Wicker isn't beautiful, it is ok and lots of potential but that is not yet taking off.

There's been two stabbings / assaults over the last week there pal. It's got a pharmacy that is well known for having drug addicts walking in and out of every 10 minutes for their morphine. It's known for large crowds of youths loitering in and around chicken shops and now seemingly the snooker / pool place.

It's a slum with one or two fancy lit restaurants.

I've had to use the pharmacy a few times late at night and apart from the odd scrag head (which you find all over town) it appeared to be a deserted part of town..

Also been through a few times during the day on a jaunt to Kelham Island and had no issues or felt threatened at any time..

Every area has its issues..

I've had to use the pharmacy a few times late at night and apart from the odd scrag head (which you find all over town) it appeared to be a deserted part of town..

Also been through a few times during the day on a jaunt to Kelham Island and had no issues or felt threatened at any time..

Every area has its issues..

DC, this is an authentic statement from chelle.

What you said about stabbing is also true.

I don't think wicker is fantastic but see great potential in the area and would like to continue not by focusing on the negative aspects of the area. If you do want to destroy something by just looking at the worst aspects of it it saddens me to see someone who claims to care for Sheffield do it the way you do.

I knocked about down there in the 70s in the Cow,Lion ect so don't call me a parrot,I also went through most days to work and the stabbings ect didn't happen then, you seem to know sod all about this city of ours so climb out of Cyclones Backside and give your own opinion if you have one.

their was no social media back in the 70's, hence why it wasnt publicised like it is these days...

I dont think Wicker is that bad personally, DC two stabbings?? i thought it was only one and that was from clubbers in sadacca whom were probably from out of town as they have a end of month bash there and crowds come from all over yorkshire to it.