Rugby Coach Sent To Prison

Has anyone read the news? I've only just seen this. Sheffield rugby coach sent to prison for assaulting young boys.

This kind of thing seems to be rife. I'm worried about introducing my children to a sport after reading this. Are there any respectable Rugby coaching facilities in the Sheffield area that could be recommended? I don't think I would leave them alone now, this is truly appalling.

What is better? To know that something has been happening and steps have been taken to eradicate it or to remain in the dark and let any activity be ignored and swept under the carpet?

Guest makapaka
What is better? To know that something has been happening and steps have been taken to eradicate it or to remain in the dark and let any activity be ignored and swept under the carpet?

The former - what's your point?

Hi if your near the south side of Sheffield Dinnington rugby club is great.

My son went from the age of 7 until this year he's 16.

It got him fit,gave him confidence, both he and my wife and I made many friends.

Unfortunately this could happen in school or any other place where kids are, don't stop you kid having fun because of what may happen just be careful.

This didn't happen in Sheffield, the only link to the city is an address in Greystones (presumably the family home) as he had to live in the city as part of the bail conditions.

The court dealing with it was Southwark Crown and the club is in West London, presumably not named to try and keep the anonymity of the victims.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40443431

How does someone become that warped and deviant ?

What worries me is how so many are like that. It was all sport coaching last year, its regularly teachers and carers, not to mention the abusers in Rotherham and Rochdale.

Is it something primitive in our subconscious from our past (i.e. tens of thousands of years ago)?