Should cyclists be required to wear High-Visibility Vests or Jackets?

heres the latest bit of cyclist lunacy riding in a left filter lane and then goes straight ahead:loopy::loopy: and tries to blame the lorry driver.

https://drivetribe.com/p/hgv-vs-cyclist-many-blame-the-cyclist-H1BB1F6jTk27dm1-ecivRQ?iid=WPv9mAYyTM6GO287B1-dMw&utm_campaign=idiotukdrivers&utm_medium=fb&utm_source=network

Great thanks for that. Lets post a video of someone doing something stupid. Could you also post a few videos of mobility scooterers or people with large eyebrows or people who have pet llamas doing something idiotic as well. I feel the need to bash some minorities.

Edited by TimmyR

That video link above has been removed, I wonder why :D

no it hasnt :loopy:

---------- Post added 10-07-2017 at 09:41 ----------

Great thanks for that. Lets post a video of someone doing something stupid. Could you also post a few videos of mobility scooterers or people with large eyebrows or people who have pet llamas doing something idiotic as well. I feel the need to bash some minorities.

what are you on about? who mentioned lamas and mobility scooters:huh:? this happens more just the once i see it all the time and the driver gets the abuse when its the cyclist at fault 100%

no it hasnt :loopy:

---------- Post added 10-07-2017 at 09:41 ----------

what are you on about? who mentioned lamas and mobility scooters:huh:? this happens more just the once i see it all the time and the driver gets the abuse when its the cyclist at fault 100%

This is what you call humour. Sometimes it makes people laugh but not always, oh well. My point was that you've posted a link to a cyclist doing something stupid which has no relevance to this thread. Go and find a thread about llama owners and post a video of a llama owner doing something stupid and you'll see how daft a thing it is to do.

No no don't start giving me the "I see this all the time stuff" I've heard that a lot of times by people. Gets a bit dull. How often do you see cyclists NOT doing anything wrong? I bet pretty often really. And how often do you see other road users doing something wrong? Pretty often I guess. you are likely to cherry pick the bad stuff that cyclists do to support your view that cyclists are all evil scum when really they are just people, some are idiots, most are law abiding and descent people.

Edited by TimmyR

https://youtu.be/GHvIhC4rcXA?t=45

That's all I get.

https://drivetribe.com/p/hgv-vs-cycl...source=network

is the link i posted

---------- Post added 10-07-2017 at 12:47 ----------

This is what you call humour. Sometimes it makes people laugh but not always, oh well. My point was that you've posted a link to a cyclist doing something stupid which has no relevance to this thread. Go and find a thread about llama owners and post a video of a llama owner doing something stupid and you'll see how daft a thing it is to do.

No no don't start giving me the "I see this all the time stuff" I've heard that a lot of times by people. Gets a bit dull. How often do you see cyclists NOT doing anything wrong? I bet pretty often really. And how often do you see other road users doing something wrong? Pretty often I guess. you are likely to cherry pick the bad stuff that cyclists do to support your view that cyclists are all evil scum when really they are just people, some are idiots, most are law abiding and descent people.

it certainly does have a relevance to the thread as it shows how vulnerable cyclists are and really should they be on the capital city roads at all? as for posting humour?? really you thought that funny Lamas have feelings too.

as for cyclists not doing wrong i suppose it depends on how much you drive? i drive a lot in cities and cyclists as a road user make far more bad moves, traffic infringements and lane discipline than others because they think they are immune, i never said they are evil scum i am sure most are lovely but they still make stupid moves and think they are entitled:roll:

https://drivetribe.com/p/hgv-vs-cycl...source=network

is the link i posted

---------- Post added 10-07-2017 at 12:47 ----------

it certainly does have a relevance to the thread as it shows how vulnerable cyclists are and really should they be on the capital city roads at all? as for posting humour?? really you thought that funny Lamas have feelings too.

as for cyclists not doing wrong i suppose it depends on how much you drive? i drive a lot in cities and cyclists as a road user make far more bad moves, traffic infringements and lane discipline than others because they think they are immune, i never said they are evil scum i am sure most are lovely but they still make stupid moves and think they are entitled:roll:

Generalisms galore. I don't make stupid moves, don't think I'm entitled.

I drive A LOT (and funnily enough can see other cyclists while I cycle) and I rarely see cyclists do stupid things. I do see it yes, there are idiots on bikes but its the idiots in cars I'm more concerned about. The point is this thread is about high vis and you just post an inflammatory video to show how stupid cyclists are. How about I suggest people like you (whatever that may be- I'm making no assumptions, you know insert whatever minority you like, haters of "political correctness" or something - maybe that is what your name is getting at, its not clear) have to walk around with a flashy light on your head to warn people that you might do something stupid. Would you like that?

Edited by TimmyR

Such nit picking! - a barrier = legal requirement at least roughly that seems to be the definition in this thread. None of the other things you or cyclone have mentioned are necessary. many are a good idea but to go cycling all you really need are:

Bike

Yourself

and at night:

Bike

Yourself

lights

I do however think that some clothes at least is a good idea.

No, no. Clothes are a legal requirement so are therefore a barrier to cycling and must not be enforced.