Until all men have learned how to behave..

Just a boring thing all round. A day doesn't go by where there is some prat claiming feminism and proposing something like this.

I do however feel intrigued by her term 'non-men' With the ever growing increase of people claiming to be neither male or female, or basically deciding each day how they wish to self identify I wonder if I, as a male, could still attend and just say I don't identify as one? ''Nooo no no I'm not a man, I self identify as a Twix, how dare you assume my gender''

Lastly, I really don't wish to condone or downplay the assaults that will most certainly go on in these events but with the amount of booze and drugs that float around there I wouldn't be surprised if SOME of the claims were false/made up.

I do however feel intrigued by her term 'non-men' With the ever growing increase of people claiming to be neither male or female, or basically deciding each day how they wish to self identify I wonder if I, as a male, could still attend and just say I don't identify as one? ''Nooo no no I'm not a man, I self identify as a Twix, how dare you assume my gender''

first thing i thought of was will transgender people be allowed to go?

first thing i thought of was will transgender people be allowed to go?

The BBC title seems ok. Quite impartial: 'Sweden to hold 'man-free' music festival'

No problems there for me for the 'headline'

Could mean anything, and a woman only night doesn't unreasonable to me. I doubt it would be popular anyway.

-

However, reading the page:

She said it would take place "until all men have learned how to behave".

... is where it could border on nonsense - however, the page says that she is a comedian. It could be anything then.

A publicity stunt, she could be funny or not. It could be serious or not. I'd never heard of her, and she's made the bbc top pages... so if she wanted publicity for whatever cause being political or comical, or she's skint?... we'll probably find out! :rolleyes::hihi:

I can already see her being put into Big Brother 168 with immediate effect :hihi:

The BBC title seems ok. Quite impartial: 'Sweden to hold 'man-free' music festival'

No problems there for me for the 'headline'

Could mean anything, and a woman only night doesn't unreasonable to me. I doubt it would be popular anyway.

-

However, reading the page:

She said it would take place "until all men have learned how to behave".

... is where it could border on nonsense - however, the page says that she is a comedian. It could be anything then.

A publicity stunt, she could be funny or not. It could be serious or not. I'd never heard of her, and she's made the bbc top pages... so if she wanted publicity for whatever cause being political or comical, or she's skint?... we'll probably find out! :rolleyes::hihi:

I can already see her being put into Big Brother 168 with immediate effect :hihi:

also be interesting to see how many people, sorry, women turn up for it, will it sell out.

a social experiment maybe?

also be interesting to see how many people, sorry, women turn up for it, will it sell out.

a social experiment maybe?

Sounds like it to me, or for comedic effect, or for her career (or a mixture of all)

I'm not going to justify or waste my time looking up whether she is funny or political, or whether she is serious. I'll see what other write in here.

-

She could be a kind of female swedish comedian like Frankie Boyle, and he'll call his events all sorts that would make news in other countries where they don't know him.

So by deduction all woman are well behaved are they?

If I grabbed a woman's breasts or crotch in a nightclub, it's sexual assault. If a woman grabs my crotch in the same situation, its banter or I should "Man-up" or take it as a compliment. Maybe it's more of a case of the behaviour of men is being scrutinised while whens is being ignored.

Edited by Berberis

So by deduction all woman are well behaved are they?

If I grabbed a woman's breasts or crotch in a nightclub, it's sexual assault. If a woman grabs my crotch in the same situation, its banter or I should "Man-up" or take it as a compliment. Maybe it's more of a case of the behaviour of men is being scrutinised while whens is being ignored.

You've invented a double standard to be outraged about so that you don't have to agree that sexual assault is a bad thing :huh:

You've invented a double standard to be outraged about so that you don't have to agree that sexual assault is a bad thing :huh:

And you've made a spurious link to Berberis's comments just because he hasn't denounced sexual assault in his post.

Emma Knyckare made the comment "until all men have learned how to behave", so don't shoot the messenger for questioning her phrase.