Until all men have learned how to behave..

also be interesting to see how many people, sorry, women turn up for it, will it sell out.

a social experiment maybe?

:huh:

Hmmm... this has obviously not been thought through!

For starters, who is going to put up all the tents? :roll:

You've invented a double standard to be outraged about so that you don't have to agree that sexual assault is a bad thing :huh:

Not at all. I have invented the situation where "If I" sexually assault a woman, but I have been on the receiving end of such an assault. You disregard me and make a huge assumption. Would you do the same if I were a woman? If you think this is a made up phenomenon, you are wrong and part of the problem.

Men who were sexually assaulted by women share their stories - and how their friends reacted

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/health/men-who-were-sexually-assaulted-10271205

Edited by Berberis

Not at all. I have invented the situation where "If I" sexually assault a woman, but I have been on the receiving end of such an assault. You disregard me and make a huge assumption. Would you do the same if I were a woman? If you think this is a made up phenomenon, you are wrong and part of the problem.

Men who were sexually assaulted by women share their stories - and how their friends reacted

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/health/men-who-were-sexually-assaulted-10271205

It's not a fake double standard at all that you've given. It happens all the time.

I play in a band, and only last week was carrying gear out of a busy city venue when some woman decided to grab my rear. Her friends all giggled and found it funny.

Imagine that had been me doing the same to her. I'd have been kicked out by the bouncers and denounced as a sex offender.

It happens literally all the time in busy pubs.

The fictional double standard isn't fictional at all.

Did you tell the bouncers? Because if not, what can they do? Did you report it to the police? Did you do ANYTHING?

If not, then what's the double standard?

If you grabbed a girls ass in a club, would you be prosecuted for sexual assault, or would you more likely find that absolutely nothing happens?

And since we're considering the double standard, how at risk of being raped do you personally feel when out late in an evening?

---------- Post added 06-07-2017 at 11:14 ----------

Is the festival organiser assuming that a woman can't sexually assault another woman??

They're probably looking at the statistics and whilst it's possible, it's very uncommon compared to male on female sexual assault. :roll:

---------- Post added 06-07-2017 at 11:16 ----------

Sexual violence against either sex is wrong.

But if you're talking about sexual assault against women and the first thing you say is "it's not taken seriously against men" then you're far too self interested. I actually agree that it's downplayed against men, but that's entirely irrelevant to this conversation and to bring it up is just an attempt to downplay the much more severe and common sexual violence that women suffer.

..so says Swede Emma Knyckare who is organising a non men festival in response to rapes and sexual assaults at Bravalla festival, which is also cancelled next year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40504452

a good response?

utterly silly response?

will we learn?

I can't help but wonder what has happened in these women's lives to want to be segregated from men ?

It's not something I have ever come across socially with the exception of swimming pools, although even that, only in the UK.

Did you tell the bouncers? Because if not, what can they do? Did you report it to the police? Did you do ANYTHING?

If not, then what's the double standard?

If you grabbed a girls ass in a club, would you be prosecuted for sexual assault, or would you more likely find that absolutely nothing happens?

And since we're considering the double standard, how at risk of being raped do you personally feel when out late in an evening?

I'll be honest, I've no idea where you're going with that last point, so won't bother with that.

I don't know if you're male or female (for 'know' read 'care') as it's not important, but I can assure you, if a man went to any of the bouncers in the city bars and said 'excuse me good sir, that lady there just grabbed my genitals. I'd like to complain', you would literally be laughed at. You shouldn't be, but you would be.

Your second sentence - what would happen if I did it? Well, quite often nothing, as quite a few women wouldn't do anything, other than possibly slap me, but the point remains that if they did, something would be done about it.

There's your double standard.

And as a result of said double standard, men are far less likely to report such things, indeed, they probably wouldn't.

Ditto domestic violence - well reported that men feel 'ashamed' to report such things. They shouldn't, but they do.

This is a great idea, stop crime by banning men, if only South Yorkshire Police had thought of that.

This anti-men thing should stop, woman dont know their place these days, it must be very confusing for them.

i see a few folks have tried muddying the waters by trying to reverse the crime onto the female of the species so i thought id put the record straight.

Yes female on male rape does occur, male on male rape probably does, cant say i have ever heard of female on female rape tbh but....

THe vast majority of rape / sex crimes is male on female, not sure on an exact statistic but id guess 90%?

Saying that looking at this rape crisis 2015 / 2016 stats page

https://rapecrisis.org.uk/statistics.php

95 per cent of all service users were female (the users of the rape crisis centre obviously)

Approximately 85,000 women and 12,000 men are raped in England and Wales alone every year; that's roughly 11 rapes (of adults alone) every hour. These figures include assaults by penetration and attempts.

1 in 5 women aged 16 - 59 has experienced some form of sexual violence since the age of 16

IT IS GENERALLY A MAN ON WOMAN CRIME, although the reverse does happen, on a very minor scale.

Now onto the festival, the reason men are targetted by this action is precisely because MEN DID attack women at previous Bravalla festivals, notice it doesnt mention women doing the attacking, just the men.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/swedens-bravalla-festival-cancelled-sex-attacks-2098050

its quite a high attack rate, FOUR rapes and 23 other sex attacks at one 4 day festival. Compared to glastonbury, the drugs arrests and violence might be high but sex attacks might be 1 all 4 days (generally)

the year before at Bravalla was 5 rapes and 12 cases of sexual assault, thats high as hell over 2 festival weekends.

At the end of the day i think its a social experiement to see if women want to go to a "safe" space where they wont get attacked and have fun, i know if i was female and went to the normal festival id feel pretty scared and threatened knowing how many attacks HAVE happened.

Be interesting to see how many turn up tho.

---------- Post added 06-07-2017 at 18:37 ----------

I never mentioned Islam. You did. Im also not an islamophobe as Im not scared of muslims or islam.

not hard to guess your hidden meaning tho ;)