Until all men have learned how to behave..

Whenever I see people quoting their racist mantra 'all muslims aren't terrorists, but all terrorists are muslim', I like to point out that all men aren't rapists, but all rapists are men, just to balance the argument.

By 'banning' men from something because they 'might rape', it's the equivalent of banning muslims from something because they 'might commit terror acts'.

Prejudice is prejudice. You can't judge, and ban, an entire vast percentage of any population, based on the acts of a few.

---------- Post added 07-07-2017 at 09:22 ----------

See my point above.

Now imagine a festival where muslims were banned because some BNP idiot thought they 'might commit a terror act'.

Yeah it's not right in either situation is it.

People need to stop judging huge numbers of people by the acts of a few.

I have to say I agree with you here. I'm not sure having women only events is the right way to go. Education, harsher penalties and a better conviction rate would help but simply banning men might fix the symptom but not the cause.

I have to say I agree with you here. I'm not sure having women only events is the right way to go. Education, harsher penalties and a better conviction rate would help but simply banning men might fix the symptom but not the cause.

Exactly that. I'm all for life imprisonment for rapists - all for it - there literally is no excuse.

That said it's such a difficult issue. As an ex criminal lawyer, I remember cases where clients were accused of rape and clearly hadn't raped. I may have mentioned on here before I believe the case of the chap accused by his 13 year old step-daughter, who at the trial admitted that she had made the whole thing up. Very, very difficult, and we are 100% reliant on Courts/juries and DNA evidence, which isn't infallible. Certainly wasn't in that case.

That said it's such a difficult issue. As an ex criminal lawyer, I remember cases where clients were accused of rape and clearly hadn't raped.

In the news today in fact:

Woman convicted of making false rape and sex assault claims against 15 men

http://www.independent.co.uk/News/uk/crime/woman-convicted-fake-rape-sex-assault-claims-15-men-jemma-beale-hounslow-a7828196.html

Surely the only way to ensure with absolute certainty that no women are raped at a festival is to ensure there are no women at the festival.

All men are not rapists and all men are not responsible for the actions of some men.

Surely the only way to ensure with absolute certainty that no women are raped at a festival is to ensure there are no women at the festival.

All men are not rapists and all men are not responsible for the actions of some men.

So organise a man only festival if you feel strongly about it.

Exactly that. I'm all for life imprisonment for rapists - all for it - there literally is no excuse.

That said it's such a difficult issue. As an ex criminal lawyer, I remember cases where clients were accused of rape and clearly hadn't raped. I may have mentioned on here before I believe the case of the chap accused by his 13 year old step-daughter, who at the trial admitted that she had made the whole thing up. Very, very difficult, and we are 100% reliant on Courts/juries and DNA evidence, which isn't infallible. Certainly wasn't in that case.

In the news today in fact:

Woman convicted of making false rape and sex assault claims against 15 men

http://www.independent.co.uk/News/uk/crime/woman-convicted-fake-rape-sex-assault-claims-15-men-jemma-beale-hounslow-a7828196.html

You have both cited cases where false allegations have been foiled by the criminal justice system, not failed by the criminal justice system..so what is your point exactly?

It's sort of impossible to cite a false accusation that was never caught out though isn't it...

1. A charge at court is an accusation.

2. A finding of 'Not Guilty' then becomes a false accusation that IS found out.

3. A finding of 'Guilty' proves that it was a correct accusation.

2&3 above are rubbish. What is your analysis of the above statements.

Are you saying that the current plot in the ITV Drama 'Fearless' has no basis in reality?