Until all men have learned how to behave..

Guest makapaka
Men are the victims in approx 13% of all rapes in the UK. This is approx 12,000 rapes per year. Women are the victim of 87% of all rapes with approx 85,000 reported rapes each year.

Assuming that every rape where a woman is the victim is carried out by a man and every rape is carried out by a different man. 85,000 women per year are raped by men in a population of approx 32,074,400 men. Meaning women are raped by 0.27% of the UK male population.

Do you think it is correct to stigmatise the entire male population of over 32 million men based on the actions of less than quarter of 1%'s actions?

Good post.

1. A charge at court is an accusation.

2. A finding of 'Not Guilty' then becomes a false accusation that IS found out.

3. A finding of 'Guilty' proves that it was a correct accusation.

2&3 above are rubbish. What is your analysis of the above statements.

Are you saying that the current plot in the ITV Drama 'Fearless' has no basis in reality?

The conviction rate is notoriously very low, that's not because most allegations are false, but because it's very difficult to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

Legally they are not guilty, but that by no means implies that the allegation was false, if it did then there would be far more prosecutions of the victim after a not guilty verdict.

Given the difficulty of getting a guilty verdict, it seems reasonable to assume that a guilty verdict DOES mean that the allegation was genuine.

I'm not saying anything about a TV series that I haven't watched :huh:

---------- Post added 09-07-2017 at 12:41 ----------

Men are the victims in approx 13% of all rapes in the UK. This is approx 12,000 rapes per year. Women are the victim of 87% of all rapes with approx 85,000 reported rapes each year.

Assuming that every rape where a woman is the victim is carried out by a man and every rape is carried out by a different man. 85,000 women per year are raped by men in a population of approx 32,074,400 men. Meaning women are raped by 0.27% of the UK male population.

Do you think it is correct to stigmatise the entire male population of over 32 million men based on the actions of less than quarter of 1%'s actions?

Do you feel stigmatised somehow? Did someone say that all men were rapists or that you were?

Personally I find that there are more than enough festivals that I can attend, it bothers me not in the slightest if someone wishes to organise one that I can't attend.

That's the advantage of white male privilege isn't it.

So organise a man only festival if you feel strongly about it.

In what way is organising a man only festival going to stop ALL men from being blamed for the actions of a few? Or is this just you looking for another petty little argument?

Guest makapaka

I just think it's incredibly sad that stuff like this happens and only serves to increase polarised views.

Yes - people are entitled to have a women only festival if they wish - yes men could do the same but how sad is that?

There are horrible men out there - and horrible women - and terribly some men are rapists.

But that some is so few and it's such a shame that it goes to this extreme.

Surely promoting better security at festivals and better protection for women generally including legally is the answer - not dividing people.

What's the end game - segregation of the sexes due to a minority?

In what way is organising a man only festival going to stop ALL men from being blamed for the actions of a few? Or is this just you looking for another petty little argument?

So you want to take over the mind of this particular woman and force it to change?

No, a festival, no matter who is invited, won't do that.

So you want to take over the mind of this particular woman and force it to change?

No, a festival, no matter who is invited, won't do that.

I would point out to this woman and all women that it is not acceptable to blame ALL men for the actions of a few. This festival, based on the assumption that 'all men need to learn how to behave' is just a furthering of an incorrect stereotype that creates resentment and mistrust.

All men are not rapists, all rapes are not perpetrated by men, all victims of rape are not women.

Where did you get the idea that I want to take over this woman's mind?

Do you feel stigmatised somehow? .

I asked melthebell a question, not you. Please do not presume you have the right to represent another member of this forum.

---------- Post added 10-07-2017 at 08:57 ----------

It won't, Cyclones answer is the same as African Americans creating black only drinking fountains etc in answer to segregation back in the 60's.

I would point out to this woman and all women that it is not acceptable to blame ALL men for the actions of a few. This festival, based on the assumption that 'all men need to learn how to behave' is just a furthering of an incorrect stereotype that creates resentment and mistrust.

All men are not rapists, all rapes are not perpetrated by men, all victims of rape are not women.

Where did you get the idea that I want to take over this woman's mind?

Well, you want to stop her having an opinion and taking some action based on that opinion.

Sure, try to talk to her, I bet she actually knows that it's a tiny minority that are the problem. But since you can't identify them in any way how to you guarantee the safety of women at a festival that has had a historical problem with sexual assault and rape?

---------- Post added 10-07-2017 at 17:49 ----------

I asked melthebell a question, not you. Please do not presume you have the right to represent another member of this forum.

I asked you a question, nice try ducking it.

It won't, Cyclones answer is the same as African Americans creating black only drinking fountains etc in answer to segregation back in the 60's.

It's not my answer is it :confused:

---------- Post added 10-07-2017 at 17:50 ----------

I think Cyclone is going through this at the moment:

https://xkcd.com/386/

Switch off the computer fella, get out and enjoy the world.

Did you post that 2 hrs after I was at work and 8 hrs before I looked at the forum again... :hihi: