Anyone here from Attercliffe?

brooksy

Joan, my ex hub's mum went to Maltby street school, but she was born a while before you, in 1934, she and her sister lived on Brompton Road, their name was Sykes.

My aunt lived round the corner from Newhall Road, on the Brightside end, on Fleet Street, from 1966 to 1972(ish) when that area was cleared.

le

PT

I went to Maltby Street school my name was Margaret Baker I left school in 1953 so I am a little older than you, I remember a Gladies, Sykes

who lived on Bromton Road, do you remember, Miss Worall I hated her & the feeling was mutual you see I couldnt do my sums, Margaret Baker, say your 12 times table, she was a sadist because she new that there was no chance of little Margaret, saying her 12 times table in front of the class .:huh::huh:

i remember your mum and dad well. we lived off janson street and used to take our own bowl and buy pies and peas. the peas used to cpmpletely cover the pie and we smothered them in hendersons relish. you dad was a soft spoken man with hairy arms, funny what you recall, I remember some of your names too, ours was suckley.
My first husband & his two sisters went to Carbrook school ,any one remember Malcolm Bloodwoth who would have been 70 years old now, his sister Valerie & Jackquline thy lived at 260 Dunlope Street Valerie would have been 67 now & Jackquline would have been 61 :):)

I went to Maltby Street school my name was Margaret Baker I left school in 1953 so I am a little older than you, I remember a Gladies, Sykes

who lived on Bromton Road, do you remember, Miss Worall I hated her & the feeling was mutual you see I couldnt do my sums, Margaret Baker, say your 12 times table, she was a sadist because she new that there was no chance of little Margaret, saying her 12 times table in front of the class .:huh::huh:

Gladys Sykes was my ex-Mum-in-law's sister.

There was a Roy Allsop at Newhall in the 1940s. His family lived in one of the squares just off Alfred Road --not far from the end of Castor Road. Roy had a younger sister, and maybe other brothers and sisters. But nobody has heard anything of them for many years.

redfyre did you know any of the ALLENS they lived on alfred rd then moved up to norman st john allen lived on don rd till he died in 1947 his wife was called margrat she died in 1953 they had 3 kids reg marjorie and margrat who choked to death eating chocolate i think she was around 10 are 11 yrs old bye ID

The only person I knew called Allen was Rita Allen, who was in our class at Newhall in the late 1940s. She was a fairly tall girl with hair tied back in a bun, I think. She was a lovely lass, very intelligent, but I think her family left the Newhall district when she was 12 or 13. I once saw her on Pitsmoor Road a few years after she had left Newhall, but I never bumped into her again, and I have often wondered what became of her. I think someone suggested she had once worked in Sheffield market. When we were having a reunion in 2005 I tried to find her, but didn't succeed.

Reg Allen and his sisters Marjorie and Margaret might get to hear that you have been asking about them on this site, so don't give up hope.

Archived