Anyone here from Attercliffe?

brooksy

Isn't Attercliffe Common crap now? It used to be buzzing, loads of shops of every description, even a store, it was very much like the Woodseats shopping area on Chesterfield Road. However unlike Woodseats, it had more 'Swap Shops' per 100 yards than anywhere else in Sheffield, they were great for fishing tackle, I loved just looking in the windows, they were like Aladins cave.

With respect to you Brooksy Attercliffe is over , it is only in your dreams. I am like yourself and miss the cliff but times have rolled on.

Attercliffe Common was the ' Golden Mile ' of its day. Christmas shopping on the cliff was a real treat.

Keep dreaming Brooksy there is not many of us left.

With respect to you Brooksy Attercliffe is over , it is only in your dreams. I am like yourself and miss the cliff but times have rolled on.

Attercliffe Common was the ' Golden Mile ' of its day. Christmas shopping on the cliff was a real treat.

more left than you think:hihi:

Hi there mate.Myself and all my family going back to the early 1920s all came from down attercliffe.Times change but i still go down there drinking and see a lot of the old timers from way back.:)

Have a pint for me Brooksy. Once had a glass in every pub starting at Broughton Lane finishing at Staniforth Road (*issed as a newt must admit). Wided eyed and legless at Banners.
Iwill pal.My old man and grandad said the same when they were alive.You coudnt have a drink in every pub and still be walking.Wev moved in 1976 and to be honest i wish i was back down threre.:thumbsup:

Hi All

Attercliffe may be run down but still full of memories as you said,Even if they invested and made it thrive it could never match the memories we have.Be great to go back down memory lane again though .. eyyyyy

Andy M

Archived