Anyone here from Attercliffe?

brooksy

My uncle also had the Greyhound pub his name was Lesley Redfearn.

Just want to say I love this thread no bickering like on the others.

Are Les and Dot still around we were good friends with them when they lived on Pye Bank in the 70's

Hi

I also grow up on clay st the same time as you and went to maltby st school

Do you remember the sunday school next to joe emmens and every corner had a shop used to go and get dad a pint in the jug from the shop at the bottom of clay st the one near the don . I used to go pack shellfish for the working mens clubs thurs/friday nights & sat mornings for pocket money would only have been about 12 or so

Anyone rember susan & lesley sheldon they lived on clay st same yard as me

Be good to hear fom someone

Poppit

Hi Poppit,

I do remeber going to sunday school next to Joe Emmens at the end of Norman street. I think that I do remember susan sheldon but only the name. Yes, there was a shop at every corner, a grocers opposite Joe emmens, I think! I left Norman street in 72 when they pulled it down, also left Park House that year, so we should know each other.What other memories do you have of cliffe times in the 60's and 70's?

Hi Poppit,

I do remeber going to sunday school next to Joe Emmens at the end of Norman street. I think that I do remember susan sheldon but only the name. Yes, there was a shop at every corner, a grocers opposite Joe emmens, I think! I left Norman street in 72 when they pulled it down, also left Park House that year, so we should know each other.What other memories do you have of cliffe times in the 60's and 70's?

Yes that would have been Mrs Holroyd's. I remember going there for stuff for my dads pack up when I came home from school. I was going to ask about Clay Street Mission Hall myself as I also went there, to Sunday school and sometimes the evening service and Girls Life Brigade.

I remember a Sandra Sheldon.

Yes that would have been Mrs Holroyd's. I remember going there for stuff for my dads pack up when I came home from school. I was going to ask about Clay Street Mission Hall myself as I also went there, to Sunday school and sometimes the evening service and Girls Life Brigade.

I remember a Sandra Sheldon.

HI JOAN

Was sandra sheldon the mother of the 2 girls Think she had a baby boy just before they left the cliff?

I went to sunshine corner still got my book and medal for going there for 5 years

Did you live on clay st ?

Trying to get some photos

Went down clay st a few months ago looks dirty not the place I rember

I had a wonderful childhood so its so nice to talk to other people who live down the cliff

P

Archived