Anyone here from Attercliffe?

brooksy

Hi Poppit,

I do remeber going to sunday school next to Joe Emmens at the end of Norman street. I think that I do remember susan sheldon but only the name. Yes, there was a shop at every corner, a grocers opposite Joe emmens, I think! I left Norman street in 72 when they pulled it down, also left Park House that year, so we should know each other.What other memories do you have of cliffe times in the 60's and 70's?

barnsey

I also used to climb onto the roof and jump into the nearby graveyard what a big grave yard used to play in there for hours . Used to go to the pea & pie shop for a fag & 2 machtes before catching the bus to school (park house).

Do you remember whitsun when we all had new colthes and we used to go round to everyones house and they would give us money.

And all the men would walk behind big banners I think we used to walk to high hazels park.

And then we had a day out with the working mens club to the seaside we would all get on the coach and they would give us crips and pop on the way home. My dad used to go to a working mens club down the bottom of prince of wales rd & one the back of swiming baths used to be a used car lot on the corner

Dad was a swing grinder and mum used to take in wash & ironing & do cleaning . do you rember the old wash house the room on the side with a green wall if I was lucky mum would have a bit of chalk for me so I could write on the wall used to send hours there.

Thought Joe Emmens was at the bottom of brompton rd?

Speak soon P

Joe Emmens was bottom of Norman St where it met Clay St and Brompton Road. Next to the Mission Hall.

I lived on Newhall Road....opposite the other end of Norman st, bottom of Gennel that went up to Adelphi (and school clinic).

Sandra Sheldon was younger than me I think and can just remember her from school so I think I left before she would have and then moved on from Attercliffe really in 61

Joe Emmens was bottom of Norman St where it met Clay St and Brompton Road. Next to the Mission Hall.

I lived on Newhall Road....opposite the other end of Norman st, bottom of Gennel that went up to Adelphi (and school clinic).

Sandra Sheldon was younger than me I think and can just remember her from school so I think I left before she would have and then moved on from Attercliffe really in 61

Hi do remember a mona lee on clay st ?

hi i also went to ellsmere road school in 1965, what was the year you were there? if i remember correctly the school was at the bottom of petre street or near there and further down the street was spital hill, im now 48 so i can only vaugly remember. i moved from sheffield to newcastle in 1975

My uncle Lesley passed away, Auntie Dot lives on Longley Hall farm flats. I could ask my mom if she has her address if you want?

Surely its not the same Lesley Redfearn with Brothers Ken Brian,and Tony that use to live at Wincobank is it.?

Hi Mickr , Im new to this Forum, just picked your thread up about Beall St. My wife Marg"e lived at no 15 and when we got married we lived at no13, with her Auntie & Uncle, Winnie & George Ledger. Brian Bodfield & Ray Richardson were big boozing mates of mine, ( Cutlers, Cocked Hat, White Hart, etc, etc.) We lived there for a couple of years or so then moved out Rotherham, where we still live. We used to go back down the "Cliffe" most weekends, (for the "crack",) untill Marge"s parents died in 68/69. Still go back down a couple of times a year, got lots of great memories of the place and the people. (you could write books about the charectors in that era!!!! ):thumbsup:

Archived