Anyone here from Attercliffe?

brooksy

i remember the dog track at darnall my uncle once put a good amount on a white greyhound.all was going well till the last bend when the dog jumped the fence he found out its kennels were close by and it had gone home.there was talk yhe track would be turned into a cricket ground for yorkshire but it never was.

georgie woods only did the basin cut he sat on the back end of a bike he had hand shears you knew you would have a sore kneck but he was very cheap.he also had a handle bar from a bike with bells and lights for the younger kids.while he was cutting your hair he never stopped talking.

I used to live on Woodbourne Road my girls weent to Woodbourne Rd School. Does anyone remember the Adventure playground on Ripon Street and the guy who used to run it called Jess

I lived on Liverpool St & we used to call it 'sand rec' Happy Times ...........

hi there again, very nostalgic site, i went to maltby st with robert durrans, ronald denton,

richard wilson,mick hulley,susan brown,steve harrison(deceased), mick flaherty(deceased)

anyone else remember any more.

please feel free to fill in some more of the class. cheers.

I remember the reck very well on Ripon Street and Jess. Manys is the time we have had water fights there, even dancing lessons and a nursery of sorts. I remember going camping and it rained that much I went back for dry clothes for the kids.

Archived