Anyone here from Attercliffe?

brooksy

hi clifflad guy with open mouth was billy used 2 scare muck out of me.but I would help um load bags of coal,not alot mum would clip me.coal merchants was on fell rd where I lived.used 2 play with merchants sons.no name for um,but ice cream man over wall.

would that be norman emmins the other son was joe i think

would that be norman emmins the other son was joe i think

Emmens was on the end of Norman St.....Joe the dad, then Joe the son, who I believe died in his forties, then Norman, who had a liking for MG sports cars.

Last time I spoke to Norman was probably mid 60's?

hi cliffs.I went carbrook school 60s,headmiss took shine to me ever morn she would send me to little sweet shop side of school.for 2 bags of mixed sweets u know pear drops black jacks+.think she gave um out to good kids in yard,but she was a big women can`t remember name.but member miss meeam wing glass`s and sports car.granma lived on berkley rd,aunt lived on rotherham st [bank still there] with my cous terry ash.remember parky in carbrook rec live in house in there,I`am sure there was asign on swings area that said no one over age of 12 and he new how old ever kid was.and old mans hut at top,we would go to top look over wall where coop`s dairys stables were see them big cart horses.member me gran makin me fetch horse crap in when gone past u had 2 be quick.glad found this site. our lass thinks am crackers but she weren`t there.c ya.

hi cliffs.I went carbrook school 60s,headmiss took shine to me ever morn she would send me to little sweet shop side of school.for 2 bags of mixed sweets u know pear drops black jacks+.think she gave um out to good kids in yard,but she was a big women can`t remember name.but member miss meeam wing glass`s and sports car.granma lived on berkley rd,aunt lived on rotherham st [bank still there] with my cous terry ash.remember parky in carbrook rec live in house in there,I`am sure there was asign on swings area that said no one over age of 12 and he new how old ever kid was.and old mans hut at top,we would go to top look over wall where coop`s dairys stables were see them big cart horses.member me gran makin me fetch horse crap in when gone past u had 2 be quick.glad found this site. our lass thinks am crackers but she weren`t there.c ya.

Hiya Terry's Cus :D Terry is a good friend n neighbour ............ Welcome to the Forum (we'll have ya addicted yet) :hihi:

hi lynblu talk 2 tash last nite says ya good mate comes from cliff tha knows. [yes I know tash] think I`am hooked.

my grandad lived on tittieton st bang across from huntsman gardens school,I used 2 stand at bottom off entry watchin kids goto school and my cous val dagnall went there .there were twins in our yard linda and lesley don`t know last name,great girls most be around 55 now.like 2 know how they got on if anyone can shed some light much appreciated.

[iN THE COUNTRY OF THE BLIND,THE ONE-EYED MAN IS KING]

When we lived on Chippingham Street our back yard came onto Titterton Street, it was the far end from the school. I can remember my first day at Huntsman Gardens. Do you remember the hall it was round and went down in the middle, later they filled it in. also the classes went up in steps.

Please enlighten what was the street called that went of the common along side Carbrook school up to the reck there was a shelter at the cliff end,this was in the early forties we could slip out the top playground against the air raid shelters and into the reck,I recall the man in charge of reck had a house in the centre of it, against the tennis courts, i could be wrong the old gray matter plays up abit after three score and 15 DTM

Archived