Anyone here from Attercliffe?

brooksy

Hello again

I'm in the same boat as you ! The name Rose does ring a distant bell but I can't remember your face either. I know we were both born in 1951 but there is still a possibility the we were in different school years. I was born in April but if you were born from August/September onwards you would have been in the year below me. I left in 1959 when we moved from my nan's house. I then went to Pipworth Road Junior school and from there to the City Grammar - that was in 1962. Once there at least 3 pupils from Woodbourn Road joined me and they were Diane Littlewood, Martin Adshead and David Eblett. If none of those names ring a bell I guess we probably were in different years. I did enjoy those first few years at infant school.

Hi Susan

I was born in May so I was in the same year as you, I remember Diane, Martin and David and some more names are Janet Palmer, Pat Turner, Susan Johnson, Rita Pearson. Christine Vavjenak, Elaine Kania, Margaret Briggs, Andrea Thompson and Elaine Warren, Trevor Morris and Ian Willetts. You went on to Pipworth Road but I went on to Beaver Hill so you wouldn't know some of the names I mentioned previously.

I am Rosemarie Hadi (or Rose), I am half arab so you may remember me by my black curly hair and I was very skinny (although you wouldn't believe it now), I have four brothers and the one next to me was Joseph who was in the year below us, does this ring any bells. The school put on a musical and I played the queen in 'The Marquis of Carabass', Melvyn Howe played the king and Janet Palmer played the princess.

CHEERS,CHEEGIRL AND ROBBIET, celebrate coronation,that sounds right ,our terry recons it could be an advert,but I got it in my mind to be regimented.also our terry says parky in carbrook rec was called JIM,just shows you the things you find out when you play balls.glad I played footie,

Did they call the St that went of Broughton Lane between Enfield arms and Railway pub Serbiton st yoused to go down there to Pheasant in ground at the bottom was Aires scrap yard they kept the horses there we used to beg bran of the drivers to feed our rabbitts across from there was a dealer i think they called him Belsh he had two sons

Allfi and Eric, and a daughter Her name was Nellie, on a night time the mother used to make milk bread poms she used the thick condensed milk and gave us all a mug full

we spent as much time on the pheasant ground as in Tinsley woods the Fair and circus

came there every year We played footy on the cinders the pubs played Sunday morn

ing then into pub sunday dinner for there Stones, tennents and often a fight then out

at closing and play Pitch and Toss. to many mems Brilliant Carbrook DTM

Did they call the St that went of Broughton Lane between Enfield arms and Railway pub Serbiton st yoused to go down there to Pheasant in ground at the bottom was Aires scrap yard they kept the horses there we used to beg bran of the drivers to feed our rabbitts across from there was a dealer i think they called him Belsh he had two sons

Allfi and Eric, and a daughter Her name was Nellie, on a night time the mother used to make milk bread poms she used the thick condensed milk and gave us all a mug full

we spent as much time on the pheasant ground as in Tinsley woods the Fair and circus

came there every year We played footy on the cinders the pubs played Sunday morn

ing then into pub sunday dinner for there Stones, tennents and often a fight then out

at closing and play Pitch and Toss. to many mems Brilliant Carbrook DTM

I remember in the 1950's the army dumped lots of stuff in the scrap yard at the back of the Pheasant.As kids we use to play in the tanks and see what we could strip out of them before we were chased off

I remember in the 1950's the army dumped lots of stuff in the scrap yard at the back of the Pheasant.As kids we use to play in the tanks and see what we could strip out of them before we were chased off
i remember the fair and the circus spent some happy hours at the fair i went to the circus with my grandad i was so scared of the tigers we had to leave that was my one and only visit to a circus and as i remember that was serbiton street

Hi Robbiet,we used to get bits of old guns we had a large machine gun once used to store them in the old buildings on the ground.and we would go in the big black building and play football when it was raining.remember going up the steps and around the top mesh missing from walkways,did not think about danger then.geoff edwards lived in one of yards backing on to big wall surrounding groud.

hi cll,the wild family who lived in the same yard as mrs dailys paper shop,on alfred road..if my mem serves me right,padget street was oposite the co,op..

that wild family are my cousins..jimmy lives in blackpool..has done for over 35yrs now..

hope this helps you...

hi cll,the wild family who lived in the same yard as mrs dailys paper shop,on alfred road..if my mem serves me right,padget street was oposite the co,op..

that wild family are my cousins..jimmy lives in blackpool..has done for over 35yrs now..

hope this helps you...

Is one of the kids called nigel used to live top rotherham st, I remember our terry metting up with him in blackpool was runnning a pub,can remember playing board games in there house with his mum.

Archived