Anyone here from Attercliffe?

brooksy

Hello again Rosemarie

I didn't go on the school trip to London so that must have happened after I left which was around June/July 1959. One thing I do remember attending was some kind of dancing session which was held upstairs in a pub which I think was called the Bulldog? Do you remember that at all? I'll ask my son if he can put the photo on here so you can have a look at it.

Take care

Sue

Hi Susan

Its so strange listening to those names again, I remember everyone that you mentioned. I particularly remember Anne Carey because she was picked on quite a bit. This was definitely my year so I can't think why I wasn't on the photo. Do you ever remember going on a school holiday to London, we stayed in a youth hostel and slept in bunk beds? I can remember Anne Carey sleeping on the top bunk above the teacher.

If you sat next to Christine Wawzyniak (you're right about the spelling) we were definitely in the same year. I used to walk home with her after school along with Janet Palmer because we all lived on the same route.

A couple of weeks ago whilst in Crystal Peaks with my mun I was stopped by a man who I had noticed was looking at me and it was Trevor Morris, he remembered me from all those years and it wasn't until I really looked at him that I recognized him. He was actually a friend of my brother Joseph and he gave me his number to pass on to Joe so they could meet and talk about old times.

Can any of this jog your memory Susan, I hope so.

Regards

Rosemarie

HI CLIFFY

My Grandad used it all the time from 30s to 60s he was on the committee and a top notch snooker player he only stood 5ft nothing, as kids they used to take us out to seaside each year on the old shara bang as we called it they gave us a few goodies

to eat on bus and a few pennies to spend, we was all labour but we still went on the outing,CHEERS DTM,

my mum was born on alfred road,she was the youngest of 10,then when she married she moved to newhall road,she still says youll never find a community like the one they had "down cliff"

Both my father and mother's family came from Attercliffe, Alfred Rd. area. My father was born in 1906, and my mother 1913 so they have been dead for many years now. My father's name was Turner and my mother's name Colley. I would love to find any of the family from my father's side as I lost contact with them after his death in 1958.

Dors.

Both my father and mother's family came from Attercliffe, Alfred Rd. area. My father was born in 1906, and my mother 1913 so they have been dead for many years now. My father's name was Turner and my mother's name Colley. I would love to find any of the family from my father's side as I lost contact with them after his death in 1958.

Dors.

It might help to give a few more details, for instance you mumand dad's Christian names, and, if you know it, their actual address, any details you know about children they had, plus aunts, uncles, etc. I knew a family called Turner, but they lived in Dane Street, and had a daughter called Arlene. They also had a son. However, there was another family called Turner who lived nearby.

In case it is of interest, a history of St Clement's Church has been posted on Sheffield History.

It might help to give a few more details, for instance you mumand dad's Christian names, and, if you know it, their actual address, any details you know about children they had, plus aunts, uncles, etc. I knew a family called Turner, but they lived in Dane Street, and had a daughter called Arlene. They also had a son. However, there was another family called Turner who lived nearby.

In case it is of interest, a history of St Clement's Church has been posted on Sheffield History.

hi redfyre,spent quite a few new years eves at st clements in the square,after the parents came out of the forge of course.my dad came from alfred rd his name was charles hepplestone but no one knew as that everyone knew him as spike.he was related to the johnsons and ashworths and aistrups.

Hi Redfyre,

Dad's name Wilfred - must have been quite well known. We are in Australia and my husband even met someone here that new him. Two bothers, Bill and Frank, six sisters, Aggie, Hilda, Minnie, Doris, Alice, and Marion. They lived on the right hand side of Alfred Rd. not that far from Newhall Rd and the entry to the yard was round the corner on another street. Only one of the brothers, Frank, had kids and I know that they lived at Darnall. Pretty sure that the boys name was Robert, not sure about the girl but think it was something like Patsy or Nancy. Four of the sisters had children but as I can't remember their surnames don't know how to go about finding them unless I do a family tree.

Didn't have anything to do with my dad's side of the family after my parents passed away, mum in 1957 and Dad in 1958. My maternal grandmother brought me up and didn't encourage my dad's family to visit!

Thanks for your help.

Dors.

hi redfyre,spent quite a few new years eves at st clements in the square,after the parents came out of the forge of course.my dad came from alfred rd his name was charles hepplestone but no one knew as that everyone knew him as spike.he was related to the johnsons and ashworths and aistrups.

What're you doing on there Sheila? Talk about me getting around!!! Didn't realise that you had connections with Attercliffe too. I should have known though because my gran knew your parents from way back.

Dors.

Hi Dors my husbands family came from Alfred rd he was born at no 76 like Sheila was saying about being related to Hepplestones and Aistrops & Johnson he was a Johnson cousin to Sheila,s dad there uncle Charlie was married to Girlie Aistrop. Sorry I can,t put any light on your family. Jean

Archived