Page Hall - Rubbish

• 5 weeks later...

I live in Wakefield and let me know that the dirtiest parts of this city are where the immigrants live. I should know I live on the edge of Agbrigg, and it's mainly the Roma/Slovak gypsies that make the mess. On one very short road of 20 terraced houses, most are occupied by them and the litter is shocking.

I've also seen Page Hall/Burngreave which does seem worse than here, but there must be a link.

Interestingly, in Nottingham they have a community of them and their areas are clean, but to be honest, I find cleanliness improves greatly south of Lowedges.

I know local people drop litter too, but there does seem to a regional divide here. Tidy Britain Group on one of their publications show the league table for litter. The bottom three regions? In this order (from the worst); North West, Yorkshire, North East. Maybe littering is a Northern thing as well as an immigrant thing.

Are your buses in Sheffield strewn with peoples rubbish? They are here. They're not in Chesterfield, Derby and Nottingham.

I live in Wakefield and let me know that the dirtiest parts of this city are where the immigrants live. I should know I live on the edge of Agbrigg, and it's mainly the Roma/Slovak gypsies that make the mess. On one very short road of 20 terraced houses, most are occupied by them and the litter is shocking.

I've also seen Page Hall/Burngreave which does seem worse than here, but there must be a link.

Interestingly, in Nottingham they have a community of them and their areas are clean, but to be honest, I find cleanliness improves greatly south of Lowedges.

I know local people drop litter too, but there does seem to a regional divide here. Tidy Britain Group on one of their publications show the league table for litter. The bottom three regions? In this order (from the worst); North West, Yorkshire, North East. Maybe littering is a Northern thing as well as an immigrant thing.

Are your buses in Sheffield strewn with peoples rubbish? They are here. They're not in Chesterfield, Derby and Nottingham.

There is, they live by a totally different set of moral standards compared to most of us.

Looking at Google Maps, Page Hall looks quite clean. Where I live does too, and I tend to find most places that are normally a tip look clean on there.

I wonder why?:confused:

I went through Page Hall today and you would need a skip just for the chewing gum outside the betting office, vile.

I went through Page Hall today and you would need a skip just for the chewing gum outside the betting office, vile.

I went to the doctors a couple of months ago, which is opposite Wakefield Jobcentre. The street is a tip generally and although it's in the city centre, the street cleaning regime doesn't see it as so. When I came out I saw the Google Maps car pass me and the street was in its usual state. Also, a look at the same road from when they photographed it last year shows a fair amount of litter.

My point is that I presume Google Maps don't inform local councils of their photo schedules first, in case the council want to come out and clean it first.

Seems odd then in that case that Page Hall looks clean on Google Maps, when we all know it's far from it.