Page Hall - Rubbish

You get fined on the city for dropping a sweet wrapper in town(rightly so) so why don't the council send some wardens round the area? Warn them that after Monday, on the spot fines will be issued, if they don't pay they will be taken to court, evicted or whatever power they have.

It is constantly being cleaned up but litter and other rubbish such as TVs and mattresses continue to be dumped. Report any you see via http://www.fixmystreet.com. Why should more council resources and money be spent on one area all the time.

The problem is spreading to other areas as people realise they no longer have to take items to the tip - just dump it and someone else will do it for you.

As the OP said - PUT YOUR LITTER IN THE BINS OR TAKE IT HOME AND PUT IT IN THE BIN. That is what we were taught to do as children and it is what I taught my children and grandchildren to do. I for one do not wish to live in a rubbish dump.

You get fined on the city for dropping a sweet wrapper in town(rightly so) so why don't the council send some wardens round the area? Warn them that after Monday, on the spot fines will be issued, if they don't pay they will be taken to court, evicted or whatever power they have.

That is too simple they probably wouldn't want to upset the community but quite happy to fine anyone in the City centre. Litter is offensive and they should clamp down on all areas, they can't say there is no money for it because it would be self funding till people got the message and stopped littering. Once that happened then hopefully the number of people caught littering would drop, if there is no bin to put it in I take rubbish home.

Not sure what people are complaining at here? They live in an area that is owned and funded by the council. It's the councils responsibility to clean it up and make it "easy on the eye". Not the people that they've put there.

Really wish people would lay off the abuse of immigrants on this board.

How much time and money do you think the council can and should put into this? In some areas they clean every 6 weeks, in Page Hall they clean daily and it is still a mess (reportedly, not somewhere I venture). Surely the onus is on the residents.

Are you for real ? Let them throw rubbish wherever they want and let the council sort it out ? Good grief.

Quite.

Think they have had lots of that going on but have struggled to get the fines paid so it becomes somewhat self defeating and beaurocratic.

It is constantly being cleaned up but litter and other rubbish such as TVs and mattresses continue to be dumped. Report any you see via http://www.fixmystreet.com. Why should more council resources and money be spent on one area all the time.

The problem is spreading to other areas as people realise they no longer have to take items to the tip - just dump it and someone else will do it for you.

As the OP said - PUT YOUR LITTER IN THE BINS OR TAKE IT HOME AND PUT IT IN THE BIN. That is what we were taught to do as children and it is what I taught my children and grandchildren to do. I for one do not wish to live in a rubbish dump.

I do exactly as you suggest but the problem I'm seeing with it is that people will continue to dump as we report it, it gets taken away, there's no come back and it hasn't cost the dumpers a penny. Education is needed.

That is too simple they probably wouldn't want to upset the community but quite happy to fine anyone in the City centre. Litter is offensive and they should clamp down on all areas, they can't say there is no money for it because it would be self funding till people got the message and stopped littering. Once that happened then hopefully the number of people caught littering would drop, if there is no bin to put it in I take rubbish home.

See above.

Every morning around 7pm I pass through Page Hall on my way to work and the area around the shops and side roads are absolutely disgusting with the amount of litter. The Council are there every morning cleaning up. Around 3.15pm on my way home it looks just as bad. Come on people of Page Hall have some respect for the area you live in. PUT YOUR LITTER IN THE BINS OR TAKE IT HOME AND PUT IT IN THE BIN.

Every morning around 7pm?

The council spends £200,000 per annum just clearing up in this area. This area has a very large population of Roma gypsies. Most gypsies, or 'travellers' as they prefer to be known, leave huge amounts of rubbish and destruction in their wake. Leaving the council with a one off cost of clearing up after them, which, as a council down south discovered, could be as high as £10 million.

These lot are staying, so the council i.e. YOU, will be paying for the clear up forevermore. ENJOY!

Edited by muckymurphy
add

Could I ask you please where you got the figures from - The council spends £200,000 per annum just clearing up in this area.

I think most of us would be appalled at that amount especially when costs are so high in other ways of 'helping' the people in that particular area.

How much time and money do you think the council can and should put into this? In some areas they clean every 6 weeks, in Page Hall they clean daily and it is still a mess (reportedly, not somewhere I venture). Surely the onus is on the residents.

If the mess isn't being sorted out by the council and the people they employ then they should hire more staff or pay them more to get more work from them.

This is another way the council want to save money by not doing what they should be doing.

It's a horrible eye sore (Page Hall) and I feel sorry for the residents if truth be told...