Page Hall - Rubbish

If the mess isn't being sorted out by the council and the people they employ then they should hire more staff or pay them more to get more work from them.

This is another way the council want to save money by not doing what they should be doing.

It's a horrible eye sore (Page Hall) and I feel sorry for the residents if truth be told...

Is that a sustainable long term plan? Isn't education and not having the litter there in the first place better? They clean it every single day, do you think it is unreasonable to expect an area to remain litter free for 24 hours?

Not sure anyone can keep throwing money at the same problem with no other plan in mind. It costs the council £4 million per annum to clear litter, if citizens did as they should it wouldn't cost a single penny.

Council should charge the scumlords and licence rented housing

They already have selective licencing in place but a fat lot of good that has done, I know landlords that are having problems evicting scum tenants because the bloody council is advising the tenants how they can prolong the eviction so that they the council don't have to rehouse them.

Stop tarring all landlords as scum because the problem is not dow pin to the landlords...

The problem is most of the dumpit sites don't take large items, unbagged items, electrical items, paint etc anymore.....

And the council charge to remove items that wont fit into your bin etc....

It is constantly being cleaned up but litter and other rubbish such as TVs and mattresses continue to be dumped. Report any you see via www.fixmystreet.com. Why should more council resources and money be spent on one area all the time.

The problem is spreading to other areas as people realise they no longer have to take items to the tip - just dump it and someone else will do it for you.

As the OP said - PUT YOUR LITTER IN THE BINS OR TAKE IT HOME AND PUT IT IN THE BIN. That is what we were taught to do as children and it is what I taught my children and grandchildren to do. I for one do not wish to live in a rubbish dump.

:huh:

Hmmm... well I blame Veolia! :rant:

They come here with their continental ways imposing their 2 week bin collections on us Brits, and their blue metric bins are obviously far too small to accommodate your imperial sized TV or mattress.

What we need are bigger bins! :idea:

Brexit negotiations should ensure that a nice 12-Yard skip (No... metric equivalents would NOT be acceptable!), capable of holding up to 10 dozen bin bags (that's 120 in old money) should be provided for every household.

Roads could be jammed with these skips nose to tail, with the added bonus that traffic would come to a total standstill almost overnight, and the council would be able to add yet another tick on their 'to do' list!

There would be nowhere to park your car if you were still daft enough to own one, so silly 'revenue neutral' parking schemes could be scrapped. Think of the savings in admin alone! :nod:

Dropped kerbs and footpaths would obviously remain skip free at all times to allow for access of 'essential services' now provided by mobility scooter, or the council's preferred method of transport, the bicycle.

It will no doubt not please everyone... :(

... but just think how much nicer it would be without all that nasty litter on our streets. :)

They already have selective licencing in place but a fat lot of good that has done, I know landlords that are having problems evicting scum tenants because the bloody council is advising the tenants how they can prolong the eviction so that they the council don't have to rehouse them.

Stop tarring all landlords as scum because the problem is not dow pin to the landlords...

Hypocrite. You've labelled tenants as scum but you won't lay any blame on the landlords.

The landlords have a responsibility to keep things tidy and in order. Some of the houses in Page Hall also need some love and care. Where are the landlords fixing the problems the people have?

I feel as if people are attacking this area because it is of ethnic minority. . .

The problem is most of the dumpit sites don't take large items, unbagged items, electrical items, paint etc anymore.....

And the council charge to remove items that wont fit into your bin etc....

I only ever use the Blackstock Road and that takes all of the above. I may be wrong but if someone isn't working the council collect for free and if they are they have to pay £35 or similar for collection.

Not sure what else the council could do to stop the fly tipping. Do you fly tip if you have a large item?

I only ever use the Blackstock Road and that takes all of the above. I may be wrong but if someone isn't working the council collect for free and if they are they have to pay £35 or similar for collection.

Not sure what else the council could do to stop the fly tipping. Do you fly tip if you have a large item?

If you live in a Council or HA property you get bulky item collections free if youre working or not, as part of your rent.

If you live in a Council or HA property you get bulky item collections free if youre working or not, as part of your rent.

Even better and fewer excuses than I thought. Not sure what percentage of Page Hall is council or Housing Association as opposed to private. Not got time to search at the moment.

Because they would end up in the bins themselves . :hihi::hihi:

Indeed we should be tolerant of the Roma . Embrace their litter and learn from their culture of drinking till the early hours and making as much noise as possible .

Pretty sure we're the masters of this both home and abroad - there's a fair few Mediterranean islands we export our very British drinking culture to each summer.