Acid attacks on the increase

I carry a knife on me practically all the time. I've never felt compelled to stab anyone.

EDIT: it's not only ok, but perfectly legal as long as the blade isn't locked or fixed.

And in some places you would need to be over 18 to buy a knife. I have just bought a pack of 3 scissors for £1 in Morrisons, the operator had to flash his card to allow the sale, as I had to be over 25!

If the sale of dangerous products was taken a little more seriously, it might deter their sale or make the offender easier to prosecute.

We are now being shown how to treat an acid attack which is good then he says we may need up to 60 litres of water which usually not lying about.

The thieves who do this should be put down.

No, but you might be near a restaurant, bar, cafe which will have a sink and some taps.

Why not think rationally? You might achieve things.

These types of offenses need to be reassessed.

A 43 year old that was born in Pakistan, Nadeem Muhammad, was attempting to board a Ryanair flight to Bergamo in northern Italy when it discovered that he was carrying a 'pipe bomb'. He was questioned by police but not arrested.

The majority of sentences for carrying a knife led to jail and the average sentence for possession was approximately six months.

So you can carry a pipe bomb and not even be arrested, acid is totally ok because they need to prove intent; but carry a knife and you will probably get jail time. That is beyond stupid.

---------- Post added 12-08-2017 at 10:17 ----------

The Government is to consider laser pen licence after attack rise.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40907694

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I have a good idea how to stop these horrendous attacks. If found guilty - life imprisonment with no parole. Let's see if that discourages the acid throwers. After all the victims will be scared for life and suffer a life sentence.

Angel1,

Agreed, if you change someone's life in such an atrocious way you should never be allowed to live a normal life yourself, life with zero chance of parole, sorted.

• 3 months later...