Road resurfacing, Amey & Streets Ahead

There’s a lorra, lorra, road re-surfacing happened between Pitsmoor, Fir Vale and up into Grimesthorpe Road this last fortnight - me car suspension’s been shot to bits by me not noticing the roadworks signs and hitting the ramps at 30mph :o

I suppose the militant tree-huggers scared all the Amey workers over to S4, where it’s a much safer working environment :hihi:

There’s a lorra, lorra, road re-surfacing happened between Pitsmoor, Fir Vale and up into Grimesthorpe Road this last fortnight - me car suspension’s been shot to bits by me not noticing the roadworks signs and hitting the ramps at 30mph :o

I suppose the militant tree-huggers scared all the Amey workers over to S4, where it’s a much safer working environment :hihi:

The unsurfaced roads round there at the moment are better than they were before they scraped the surfaces though :D

There are no 'ramp' signs up though, I would have though they would be required.

The ramp signs I saw where next to the ramp, instead of being several yards down.

It was also night time :)

---------- Post added 13-02-2018 at 12:16 ----------

The unsurfaced roads round there at the moment are better than they were before they scraped the surfaces though :D

there’s not much difference in the road surface before and during the resurfacing works, that’s for sure :D

However, hitting the ramp at 30mph is not recommended :nono:

Last week aggregate industries (who are doing the resurfacing for amey) gave notice to end their contract with Amey due to non payment running into hundreds of thousands, the non payment covers materials (tarmac!) & subcontract costs. Aggregate industries have agreed to complete the surfacing on roads where already removed but no new surface removal will take place.... amey have been given 2 weeks to either pay up or find a new contractor.

Hi there, first time poster here!

Do you happen to have any source for Aggregate's notice towards Amey?

I'm a journalist and I'm looking to get in contact with both Amey and Aggregate later today, but if you have a source to this information, that would really help me out :)