Road resurfacing, Amey & Streets Ahead

[/ Quote]There have to be exceedingly good reasons to terminate a £2bn contract like this one. The failure of a few metres of surfacing on one road in Walkley doesn't constitute such a reason.

The exceedinly good reason should be they have cut down healthy trees instead of finding engineering solutions for then. Also it's not just Walkley where they have done a crap job, reports of such work have come in from all over the city:(

The exceedinly good reason should be they have cut down healthy trees instead of finding engineering solutions for then. Also it's not just Walkley where they have done a crap job, reports of such work have come in from all over the city:(

It isn't though. What they are doing with the trees is clearly compliant with the contract. Engineering solutions cost money.

The amount of defective surfacing is exceedingly small compared with the hundreds of miles of roads they have surfaced with no problems. The defects may be due to a number of factors which may well be the responsibility of the surfacing sub contractor or the materials supplier. As I understand it, the contractors are coming back to rectify the defects.

It isn't though. What they are doing with the trees is clearly compliant with the contract. Engineering solutions cost money.

The amount of defective surfacing is exceedingly small compared with the hundreds of miles of roads they have surfaced with no problems. The defects may be due to a number of factors which may well be the responsibility of the surfacing sub contractor or the materials supplier. As I understand it, the contractors are coming back to rectify the defects.

Is this "compliant with the contract"?

More half arsed incompetence from Amey. If it isn't incompetence then it's something else...beginning with F.

---------- Post added 11-08-2018 at 18:46 ----------

Or the constant flytipping by Amey that I report constantly and that never gets cleared up. They are a shambles and we should do what Birmingham and Liverpool councils have done and tell them to do one.

"engineering solutions cost money " We were led to believe that Amey costed for these solutions in the contract :confused:. Cheaper for Amey to chop down a healthy tree than use engineering solutions which would cost them money . By the way would you know how many times engineering solutions have been used ?

There is nothing clear about it whatsoever.

Why would you think that the Council would let them operate in breach of the contract?

---------- Post added 12-08-2018 at 02:52 ----------

By the way would you know how many times engineering solutions have been used ?

No, I don't.

I think we know collectively that they haven't been used at all.

It is compliant with the contract because the council failed their due diligence and left it to the discretion of amey when to use the engineering solutions detailed in the contract.

I think we know collectively that they haven't been used at all.

It is compliant with the contract because the council failed their due diligence and left it to the discretion of amey when to use the engineering solutions detailed in the contract.

good points.

the contracts allow and have allowed amey to get away with alsorts from the onset which in my opinion raises lots of questions about the people who were involved at every level of the contracts from their drawing up top completion and their relationship with amey.

read carefully.... im accusing no person of anything i'm only passing on my opinion.

You should see the state of the roads that are getting done around Norton Lees at the moment. Roads done but with potholes left, some roads with signs saying loose chippings and raised manholes so obviously not finished but then they have painted road markings, and drainage grates covered. I had to take photos otherwise nobody would believe it.

Edited by Sat-Aer UK
spelling mistake