Road resurfacing, Amey & Streets Ahead

Guest makapaka
I'm fairly sure the microsurfacing section is a recent addition, I've been to the site a few times before but only just recently seen this mentioned.

The site has been redesigned since the works started as the map of planned works used to be alot easier to read.

It's in Schedule 43 of the Contract Documents as I said previously - you can have a look on their website anyone can access it.

That schedule literally tells us nothing.

---------- Post added 06-09-2018 at 10:47 ----------

But they didn't sign up to a contract to resurface all the roads in the first 5 years.

This schedule seems to say otherwise

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/dam/sheffield/docs/roads-and-pavements/streetsahead/Schedule%2035,%20Milestones%20Full%20Disclosure%202018.pdf

This one??

It's heavily redacted and would appear to have been written in the last few months.

...and hilariously they've spelt 'course' wrong throughout.

From that document, I can deduce that we had a T6 and T12 road and pavement resurfacing on our street. I guess that's all they can do on previously cobbled streets.

Guest makapaka
This one??

It's heavily redacted and would appear to have been written in the last few months.

Yes it is redacted - but the surface treatment is identified on there so it is considered under the Contract.

There's nothing in that document that suggests it has been written in the last few months and it is a listed schedule in the Main Contract which is also published on the same website.

---------- Post added 06-09-2018 at 11:42 ----------

That schedule literally tells us nothing.

---------- Post added 06-09-2018 at 10:47 ----------

This schedule seems to say otherwise

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/dam/sheffield/docs/roads-and-pavements/streetsahead/Schedule%2035,%20Milestones%20Full%20Disclosure%202018.pdf

Well you and the other poster were speculating that this was a new initiative to save money because there was none left and that all the roads were to be fully resurfaced.

But it appears this was always considered as a solution for some roads - otherwise it wouldn't appear at all would it.

Then again I suppose reading the information available and not just speculating makes me a supporter of the council doesn't it.............yawwnnn.

---------- Post added 06-09-2018 at 11:50 ----------

Interesting that schedule 3, method statements isn't published at all, right?

Yes - ask them why.

What do you think it might show?

Because it's redacted you can't see how much that technique was supposed to be used.

It was heavily reported and repeated by the council that all the roads were to be resurfaced and this technique now under discussion is not resurfacing, because that is specifically identified in the schedule as a different technique.

Not speculating, you speculate all the time, but only in favour of the council and amey.

The original contract was to have all roads up to standard in the first 5 years then 20 years of maintenance.

If a road was already up to scratch, it would not need to be touched until it fell into disrepair after Year 5.

I believe that there are still some roads that were not up to standard at the start of the project that have not yet been brought up to standard.

There's nothing in that document that suggests it has been written in the last few months

It literally has 2018 in the document title

it is a listed schedule in the Main Contract which is also published on the same website.

This one here??

Where? The document is pretty large

Edited by geared