Road resurfacing, Amey & Streets Ahead

Sometimes the date in the file name is the date that the redaction was done.

It'll get a new file name from even a small edit, but since there's only the 2018 copy online you've no idea what was there originally and what has been added or changed at a later date.

Still my comment stands, this version of the document was created in the last few months and is not the original from several years ago.

Guest makapaka
It literally has 2018 in the document title

This one here??

Where? The document is pretty large

No it doesn’t - it just says schedule 43.

The schedules are listed in the main contract.

---------- Post added 06-09-2018 at 14:55 ----------

The main contract makes 4 references to schedule 43, all about updates.

Arising from the programme....

Why don't you come up with alternative evidence that this method of work has been brought in post-contract by Amey due to financial restrictions and the inability of SCC to enforce the contracted work scope on Amey?

That is what you are arguing after all.

I tried to point to some information from the Contract, what are you and Geared basing the above theory on?

The schedules are listed in the main contract.

ok, I'd seen that bit but had thought it went into further detail somewhere else in the same document.

I tried to point to some information from the Contract, what are you and Geared basing the above theory on?

That we'd not seen micro-surfacing work done anywhere until recently, and the main streets ahead landing page certainly didn't have information on micro-treatment until the re-design.

Edited by geared

Guest makapaka
Because it's redacted you can't see how much that technique was supposed to be used.

It was heavily reported and repeated by the council that all the roads were to be resurfaced and this technique now under discussion is not resurfacing, because that is specifically identified in the schedule as a different technique.

Not speculating, you speculate all the time, but only in favour of the council and amey.

So do you believe that it was never considered and has been introduced this month by amey as a cost saving measure without challenge by SCC?

Guest makapaka
Yes it does. "Schedule 43 Carriageway and Footway Works Summary_Redacted_2018.pdf"

That is the name of the document.

Hmmmm - I wonder when it was redacted?

I was also talking about the document itself not the pdf title.

Ignore it then if you think it’s been falsely uploaded to the site and something more sinister is going on - your free choice.