How do you motivate a person who is constantly in search of a job

Searching for the right job!

Are they qualified in anyway or being picky. Sometimes it's a case of taking anything and then looking to improve.

Our lad has just secured work in a kitchen to help while he's at University. At first he shunned everything along those lines, bar work, shop work, just couldn't see himself doing it. In the end money was the motivation so anything would do.

You haven't said how old this person is so if I assume they are in their teens then the motivation is to have money and I suppose a self respect at earning it.

They say it's easier to find work when you have it so if there is something in particular they are after they can continue searching.

It's easy to give up looking after a few knock backs but it's important to stay focused on the bigger picture.

Finding a way to motivate someone is an art, we're all different. Hopefully you can draw on your own experiences.

Happy hunting

Make the benefits of getting a job, outweight what they get now.

If they dont get a job, give them one.

Thank you for your reply Will see how far I can help him.

---------- Post added 20-07-2017 at 07:12 ----------

Searching for the right job!

Are they qualified in anyway or being picky. Sometimes it's a case of taking anything and then looking to improve.

Our lad has just secured work in a kitchen to help while he's at University. At first he shunned everything along those lines, bar work, shop work, just couldn't see himself doing it. In the end money was the motivation so anything would do.

You haven't said how old this person is so if I assume they are in their teens then the motivation is to have money and I suppose a self respect at earning it.

They say it's easier to find work when you have it so if there is something in particular they are after they can continue searching.

It's easy to give up looking after a few knock backs but it's important to stay focused on the bigger picture.

Finding a way to motivate someone is an art, we're all different. Hopefully you can draw on your own experiences.

Happy hunting

Thank you for replying. He just completed his graduation and he is around 20 years.

Thank you for replying. He just completed his graduation and he is around 20 years.

My grandsons are in the same position. I'm afraid he may have to accept voluntary work first because it will look better on his CV.

There is work out there, but graduates can have a hard time getting a job at their level straight away. Depending on the field it might be worth for them taking a lower level job in the same field.

There is work out there, but graduates can have a hard time getting a job at their level straight away. Depending on the field it might be worth for them taking a lower level job in the same field.

Correct. Also with jobs it's not always what you know but who you know.

It wouldn't be unusual for a recent graduate to still be job hunting, so perhaps there is nothing to do, just wait for them to find a job. It sounds like they are already motivated though, and is there a real risk of depression, or just an assumption?