Woodburn Road School

I remember Dennis Whiteley.Didnt you live down the gennel? Do you remember an old pal called Ken Tooze. How about John Briggs! Keith Harris? Wow! that was a long time ago.Think John still runs a Taxi firm Chappeltown area I think. Long time since Woodburn rd. schooldays eh! Great Indian now! --I go and sit by the window by the wall that Dave Briscoe and I used to climb over,to wag it, after register. And play in the tanks where later, the Staniforth Arms was built. Which allso, is now an Indian too. I once brought home a mortar bomb + some bullets. Dad was not impressed ,neither were the army guys that came to pick them up. Gee! they were good days. Peace & Love. Ken.

Yes we did live down the middle gennel. I remember your name, just spoke to my mum and she remembers you and David Briscoe. I will tell our Dennis to have a look at this website so he can get in touch with you. I see Dennis Fletcher most weekends, he drives one of the mini buses for the NHS, see him round Wisewood area every weekend. Didn't John Briggs have two sister, one called Margaret, I think she was in the same year as my other brother John, will be about 57 now.

Yes we did live down the middle gennel. I remember your name, just spoke to my mum and she remembers you and David Briscoe. I will tell our Dennis to have a look at this website so he can get in touch with you. I see Dennis Fletcher most weekends, he drives one of the mini buses for the NHS, see him round Wisewood area every weekend. Didn't John Briggs have two sister, one called Margaret, I think she was in the same year as my other brother John, will be about 57 now.
Did you know my sisters Wendy and Kay.:)

well here goes just been looking at all the posts and a few names have popped up that i remember!!

(im taking a deep breath)we lived at 144 cottingham street,me and my brother andrew kemp who has been mentioned we moved 1979 to hillsborough,i went woodbourne then beaverhill , i remember penny fletcher and andrew ,wayne lycette,michelle hirst,colin wright,jennifer mcveigh,mandy kelwick,anne wilson,brian chadwick,john stanton colin wright,craig lambert ,terry from down the road,the dreaded smiths every kids nightmare in attercliffe,

piggy smith with his brown suit with sick down it on his bike well scary,then reg smith with his evil drunken shouting that when you were a kid you would lie in bed wondering if he could get in the house!!lol i remember mr rennie,mrs whitehouse she was brill,miss burns who went to canada,mrs ring ,mr simms who used bang his hand soooo hard on dinner tables if you talked to much at lunch,i loved rounders long summer nights the wreck , iron bridge,more people barry cook from nxt door,paul damms,colin gregory,simon swallow,gary pickering,beverly taylor ,alison lawless,gillian storey,terry dyson,tracy walton,zanub thoeman,salar ohmar,susan bonsall,lorraine beal,wendy bowers,carol white,anwar off broad oaks,i need a breath lol much more will come back im sure if i shake the grey matter more!! by the way im mandy lol would love to hear from the old school pals x p.s.does anyone remember the jubilee street party on cottingham street?

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

My name is Mark Thompson and I used to live at 140 Westbury Street. I have sisters Marie, Denise, Jean and brother Dennis. We moved to Parsons Cross in 1981 and I lost touch with everyone when I left school in 1982. I went to Woodburne and Waltheof. I would really like to find John Parker, Mark Musleh, Paul Barker, Phillip Wiseman, Michael and Paul Reynolds, Michelle Hirst and Dale Maw. I am in contact with Michelle Laughton and Gary Pickering, Simon Barlow Penny and Andrew Fletcher.

Would be great to hear from anyone who remembers me and it would also be great to have a reunion.

Let me know who would be up for it.

Mark