Woodburn Road School

Hi Malc

I was out with our Dennis on Saturday. My mum was 90 last week so we all went out for a meal. Do you remember my other brother John.

Hello my old friend, great to hear from you. Hope you are well in body and soul. Yes I remember John,

So your mum is 90, amazing, hope she`s keeping well.

You know I only came on the site because I haven`t been on for a while and I just fancied a jaunt down memory lane. Strange though because I was only talking a few days ago, about "my Aunt Lil Whitely" and how she used to take me up the yard to the lav. she would always take my trousers off then carry me up the yard showing my little bits to the women in the next yard (they`re still little bits though lol)

My mum and her were very good friends and my mum died in 1983.

How`s your Walt, Moss and especially my mate Tommy. We used to fight like cats and dogs then we were mates minutes later.

Malc

Hello my old friend, great to hear from you. Hope you are well in body and soul. Yes I remember John,

So your mum is 90, amazing, hope she`s keeping well.

You know I only came on the site because I haven`t been on for a while and I just fancied a jaunt down memory lane. Strange though because I was only talking a few days ago, about "my Aunt Lil Whitely" and how she used to take me up the yard to the lav. she would always take my trousers off then carry me up the yard showing my little bits to the women in the next yard (they`re still little bits though lol)

My mum and her were very good friends and my mum died in 1983.

How`s your Walt, Moss and especially my mate Tommy. We used to fight like cats and dogs then we were mates minutes later.

Malc

They're all fine thanks. Don't see much of them but my mum see's them quite often on Darnall. My mum's is ok, she has a better social life than me, out playing bingo and having a drink in the Hort club at Darnall. I often think about aunt Lil and uncle Moss, he was a lovely man. I always remember aunt Lil with red hair, piled up as high as she could get it. She used to whistle along to the turns they had on on the Non Pots club on Effingham Road.

Hope you're OK.

Hi I am Jackie (Sharman) and went to Woodbourn Road from about 1964 to 1970 before going to Waltheof. We lived on Jessell Street - sister Terri, and Mandy (Pilling) and brother Tony next to Mrs Southern - dinner lady at school - used to bang the table with a spoon and shout 'use your folk' and count the squares of toilet roll you could have! Also lived next to Beverley and Deborah Strutt and next but one to 'Uncle Jud and Auntie Anne' Sutcliffe plus their sons Mitchell and Shane. My friends were Pamela, Gillian and Jennifer Todd, Westbury Street, Beverley and Jackie Clifton and Susan McKenna off Woodbourn Rd. Remember all the gennels and the rec, the wooden bridge at the top to the allotments, going to attercliffe rads club with my dad on sunday dinner, the fair, the shops 'down cliff' going to oaks green launderette with my mum every saturday morning, the outside loos - but still loved it. also had a saturday job at the big beer off - Andrews. got married in 1979 and moved 7 doors away but onto worthing road next door but one to bob the butchers. would love to hear from anyone who remembers me

Frankly my man I`m amazed at your seemingly derogatory comments and wonder why you took the trouble to make them. The almost insulting comment "unlucky enough to live in that area of Darnall etc" and "must be a real ball ache to know you haven`t progressed in life but hey ho" left me wondering.

Who do you think you are. Possibly you should learn some manners, then learn to spell. amongst other things, this forum is for those ex pats of particular areas of Sheffield that they have fond memories of and who wish to exchange pleasant memories and comments about the old day. Oh forgot also, Woodbourne school wasn`t in Darnall it was in Attercliffe so as well as spelling and manners, you should look at geography..

Here, Here Malc, a lot of us use this forum to reminisce about the 'good old days'especially when we are not close to home...i live in Durham now

And it seems apparent to me that he has a serious chip on his shoulder!!!!

Here, Here Malc, a lot of us use this forum to reminisce about the 'good old days'especially when we are not close to home...i live in Durham now

And it seems apparent to me that he has a serious chip on his shoulder!!!!

Cheers for that Carl, maybe much more simple even that that, that was his first input immediately upon joining the site. I think just a prat fits well here lol

Malc

Hi I am Jackie (Sharman) and went to Woodbourn Road from about 1964 to 1970 before going to Waltheof. We lived on Jessell Street - sister Terri, and Mandy (Pilling) and brother Tony next to Mrs Southern - dinner lady at school - used to bang the table with a spoon and shout 'use your folk' and count the squares of toilet roll you could have! Also lived next to Beverley and Deborah Strutt and next but one to 'Uncle Jud and Auntie Anne' Sutcliffe plus their sons Mitchell and Shane. My friends were Pamela, Gillian and Jennifer Todd, Westbury Street, Beverley and Jackie Clifton and Susan McKenna off Woodbourn Rd. Remember all the gennels and the rec, the wooden bridge at the top to the allotments, going to attercliffe rads club with my dad on sunday dinner, the fair, the shops 'down cliff' going to oaks green launderette with my mum every saturday morning, the outside loos - but still loved it. also had a saturday job at the big beer off - Andrews. got married in 1979 and moved 7 doors away but onto worthing road next door but one to bob the butchers. would love to hear from anyone who remembers me

Hi JS, your post brought back lots of memories. I left Woodbourn Road school in 1968 (aged 10) when our house was pulled down in the slum clearance. My grandparents lived on Westbury Street and I used to go to the rads with my dad on Sundays drinking vimto and eating plain crisps with the salt in a twist of blue paper and the wash house on Oakes Green with my mum on Saturdays. I used to love standing on the wooden bridge as the steam trains thundered underneath. Was Mr Woodhouse (or was it Mr Woodcock?) still there when you left?

Hi Chimay - yes Mr Woodcock was still there when I went up to Waltheof. Which part of woodbourn road did you live on? top or bottom?

I hated to go on that bridge - always used to think I would fall through the gaps!!!! ha ha ha I wish!!!

also remember beckets and harrys chip shops, burleys fruit shop, woodys paper shop where my mum used to 'lay away' christmas stuff and bradburys too. Also the big shop near attercliffe baths that used to wrap up christmas presents you bought there. :):)

Hi Chimay - yes Mr Woodcock was still there when I went up to Waltheof. Which part of woodbourn road did you live on? top or bottom?

I hated to go on that bridge - always used to think I would fall through the gaps!!!! ha ha ha I wish!!!

also remember beckets and harrys chip shops, burleys fruit shop, woodys paper shop where my mum used to 'lay away' christmas stuff and bradburys too. Also the big shop near attercliffe baths that used to wrap up christmas presents you bought there. :):)

Hi JS, I didn't live on Woodbourn Road. We used to live at my nan's on Westbury Street until we moved to St Charles Street down past the wash house. My gran worked in the baths. I remember walking in a crocodile line down t' cliff from school to the baths for our weekly swimming lesson.

Frankly my man I`m amazed at your seemingly derogatory comments and wonder why you took the trouble to make them. The almost insulting comment "unlucky enough to live in that area of Darnall etc" and "must be a real ball ache to know you haven`t progressed in life but hey ho" left me wondering.

Who do you think you are. Possibly you should learn some manners, then learn to spell. amongst other things, this forum is for those ex pats of particular areas of Sheffield that they have fond memories of and who wish to exchange pleasant memories and comments about the old day. Oh forgot also, Woodbourne school wasn`t in Darnall it was in Attercliffe so as well as spelling and manners, you should look at geography..

My reply was on belhalf of some one else who was offended by another persons indervidual comments, so if you read the post im refering to you may understand the comments made in my posts. Therefore my comments are no more offensive in the slightest as the ones in question, and the fact i must reply to your comments when mine was indefence of family is quite derogatory in itself surley as your of a higher standard and education apprently you should understand blood is thicker than water (mind the poor use of a punt) and the comments i had to read was as hurtful to me as mine seem to be to you. So as much as i agree with you in principal i must return with; read all comments a certain indervidual has put and then see my view, and the re evaluate what you have sent me, as my ethics are not in question as i no where my loyaltys lie.