Woodburn Road School

My reply was on belhalf of some one else who was offended by another persons indervidual comments, so if you read the post im refering to you may understand the comments made in my posts. Therefore my comments are no more offensive in the slightest as the ones in question, and the fact i must reply to your comments when mine was indefence of family is quite derogatory in itself surley as your of a higher standard and education apprently you should understand blood is thicker than water (mind the poor use of a punt) and the comments i had to read was as hurtful to me as mine seem to be to you. So as much as i agree with you in principal i must return with; read all comments a certain indervidual has put and then see my view, and the re evaluate what you have sent me, as my ethics are not in question as i no where my loyaltys lie.

I wish I knew what you were talking about:huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pete

David Hoyland did have a sister Hello im here, best not say too much hes bigger than me im quite a bit older than him (but dont look it). My Name is Diane and went to Woodburn school as well. does anyone remember me i was quiet lol....

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, just reminiscing about my old school days at Woodbourn Road School and amazed to see that you have too. Anyone who used to go to this school between 1968-1975 please get in touch. I used to live on Ripon Street next to the steel firm. Does anyone remember the Rec which used to be on Ripon Street ? And Jess who used to run it ? My mother used to run the playgroup there. I was born at 194 Chelmsford Street and we moved to Ripon Street shortly after my birth. I also went to Waltheof School after leaving Woodbourn Road, 1975-1979. I was Julie Charlesworth back then, OMG ! Where has the time gone ? Happy days :roll:

• 1 month later...
Hiya markster this is ur cousin lindsay, christines daughter i think that the last time that i saw u i was just a little girl i have 2 kids myself now, mum and rest of family o.k how r things ur end love 2 here from u x:hihi:

Hi lindsay.

Dont use the site much and this reply is probably 2 years late but nice to here from you would love to here from my old old mates kevin pollard and craig lowe steven bernand what do you know about them ask our christine

Hi guys, just reminiscing about my old school days at Woodbourn Road School and amazed to see that you have too. Anyone who used to go to this school between 1968-1975 please get in touch. I used to live on Ripon Street next to the steel firm. Does anyone remember the Rec which used to be on Ripon Street ? And Jess who used to run it ? My mother used to run the playgroup there. I was born at 194 Chelmsford Street and we moved to Ripon Street shortly after my birth. I also went to Waltheof School after leaving Woodbourn Road, 1975-1979. I was Julie Charlesworth back then, OMG ! Where has the time gone ? Happy days :roll:

Hi jules.

My name is Mark Crump and i went to woodbourn rd school between 71-1978

i was in mr burns class with phillip wiseman jerimy proudfoot joseph pie angela hayes and many more. i was in mars, and lived on broad oaks.

hi i went to woodburn road.we left in 1976.my name was marie davison then,i can remember john parker(u used to live near our kerry,nikki craig +brett) we used to live next door 2 brooksy,can any one remember wendy wragg she lived on the other side of us.on chelsmford street,i can remember waggin it wi josie fletcher on the rec,god i must av ony been about 8 at the time,there was andrea murray,maxine parkin,andrew ashton,carl brookes noel palmer,wayne lycett (we used to rent his grandad alberts caravan at beecholmes,,,yes i remember curly haired david hoyland,the duckers.off rippon street i can remember maxine+collette jubb.andy+chris knowels,zanube foreman.just before we moved to halfway in 1976 can any 1 remember mark mussler didnt his dad run off2 the yeman or sumwhere like that.oh the steppin bridge leading to rhubarb island....any1 remember that.i cried for weeks after we moved i just wanted to move back down t cliffe,cheryl can u remember me mother makein us go2 oaks screen wesh house with that old pram full of washing.can i just say no ones mentioned mr anthonys,can anyone remember him,on the corner of woodburn road+staniforth road.oh what memories..ps mark crump u lived opposite donna tina craig+gail lowe,did u have a webbed finger.+did u not knock about wi my little brother carl davison......

Hi Marie

My name is mark crump yes i had webbed fingers i remember the lowes very well do you know kevin pollard he was my best mate back then would love to talk to him again.

I did't go to Woodburn but my husband & son did. Mick was there bout 1949-59 and David 1971-76 when we moved to westfield. Our name is Richardson does anybody remember Mrs Beecroft the dinner lady, she lived in our yard on cottingham st, David was knocked down on woodburn rd in 73 coming home from rec.took him a while but made a full recovery.