Woodburn Road School

Where abouts on Ripon Street, knew quite a few people who lived on there.

my name is graham Christian, I was brought up on ripon street. I remember lots of people who lived around the area from 1950 to 1965. I lived at number 182 across the road from the baines family who were the local window cleaners.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
Iand my sisters all went to woodbourn rd shool. We lived on chelmsford st which was the next rd up from woodbourn rd.:thumbsup:

Hi I lived on Chelmsford St no 7 briscoes

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 12:48 ----------

Iand my sisters all went to woodbourn rd shool. We lived on chelmsford st which was the next rd up from woodbourn rd.:thumbsup:
hi bridge is still their harry briscoe

I went to Woodbourn (and Hammerton Rd before) then onto Waltheof. I lived on Jessell Street which ran along side the school. The last house before the big bridge ~ anyone remember the bridge? I left Woodbourn in 1981. Had some great times there. Does anyone remember pthe school song?

We go to Woodbourn school just up the road

Oh yes, just up the road

It's terribly grimy and terribly old

Oh yes, terribly old

etc. etc. etc.

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 12:50 ----------

Hi graham CHRISTAIN just signed up to day where are you now harry Briscoe I lived on Chelmsford St no 7

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 12:51 ----------

Could ripon street get in touch

---------- Post added 09-01-2015 at 21:36 ----------

Graham Christian get in touch

hi graham its harry Briscoe ,,

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 12:58 ----------

Hi any I wanting to chat I lived on Chelmsford St ,no 7 and went to woodbourn rd school any body know Susan wood ,Beryl Winfrey..tony mc Kenna ,tony tether ,loads more any body still kicking get in touch

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 13:00 ----------

hi bridge is still their harry briscoe

I went to Woodbourn (and Hammerton Rd before) then onto Waltheof. I lived on Jessell Street which ran along side the school. The last house before the big bridge ~ anyone remember the bridge? I left Woodbourn in 1981. Had some great times there. Does anyone remember pthe school song?

We go to Woodbourn school just up the road

Oh yes, just up the road

It's terribly grimy and terribly old

Oh yes, terribly old

etc. etc. etc.

Does anyone remember the Bean sisters at Woodburn Road? They must have been there in the 1950's. They come up as a side story in an anecdote told by my uncle who attended there for a short time. I've often wondered who they were and what they looked like. He fancied them like mad.

• 1 month later...

Hi My name is Carly i'm the granddaughter of Hazel Jarvis my mum was born in 1965 on Westbury St. Im wanting to find out a bit more about my grandma's life growing up so can anyone remember her or her sisters christine and elaine? she went to woodbourne road school and whitby road school and i think her best friend was a girl called vera.

I am also wanting to find out more about a man my grandma used to court. His name was Derek and he lived above a newsagent on Nidd Road which his mum and dad used to own. This is all the information I have so anything more would be much appreciated. Thankyou.

• 1 month later...