Woodburn Road School

Dave Hoyland was one of those slightly spoilt kids, don't remember him having any brothers or sisters. He had curly brown/ ginger hair and was a bit overweight. He was usually at the back when being chased by 'Saturday Banana Man', the pakistani man who suffered years of torment from us little bleeders.

I include Steve Martin aka Bullet, Alan Lamb aka Lamby, the mad ****er, Philip Wiseman, Dave Hoyland, myself, and sometimes others would join in. Used to get him to chase us around the back streets near Shirland Lane.

Speak to you all soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone remember production of 'Hiawatha' with Paul Straw in the title role and Premlata Jisra as Minehaha ??

Yep, indeed I do. I was also part of it but can't remember which. Do you also remember a production of 'Alice in wonderland? I was the Mad Hatter and Pike, (Dougie Sriven) was the march hare. This is Wayne Kania off of Westbury st.

• 2 months later...

I went to Woodbourne Road school from around 1954 to 1960 I think. I was in the same class as Alf Denial, Graham Holmes, Eric Nortcliffe, Susan Stevenson etc. I lived in Ripon Street up the yard off Bowen Street that led to the rec.

Forgot to say that I was mates with the Whitely`s and their mum was my 'Aunt Lil' and ther dad was 'Uncle Moss' two wonderful folk

Hello Malc, it's Ann Whiteley here, hope you are OK, glad to hear to thought of Aunt Lil and Uncle Moss as your auntie and uncle, they were both lovely people. I saw all the lads earlier this year at a family funeral, they are all fit and well

Hello Malc, it's Ann Whiteley here, hope you are OK, glad to hear to thought of Aunt Lil and Uncle Moss as your auntie and uncle, they were both lovely people. I saw all the lads earlier this year at a family funeral, they are all fit and well

Hello Ann,

Good to hear from you and hope you also well. I`m fine, retired fit and healthy enjoying life. Our Kathie introduced me to this forum, it makes wonderful reading and great trips down memory lane. Glad to hear the lads are all well. Aunt Lil figured prominently in my younger life and I have great memories of me and Tommy as kids, fighting like tigers until someone split it up then we were mates and hour later........ give them all my regards.

Malc

• 3 months later...

Does anyone remember or are one of my old school friends my name was Alison Parry then changed to Warren when i left woodbourne for waltheof. My best friend was valerie gibson from selbourne st I lived on westbury street . We still see Cynthia and Sonia Palmer .The names i remember are Mandy Cooper, Graham Rawson. Andrew Oxley (with the 3 wheel car) His big sis Angela , Beverley and Tommy Needham, Paul Stone, Sharons Cousin, Gary Cannister to name a few.Well ,if you are any of these people I hope you are all well