BBC stars wages made public

Try being self-employed and not paying your taxes and see where you end up...the BBC should be subject to the SAME transparency standards as the government and not more.

That's funny, I didn't think the self employed paid any taxes on their earnings other than what they can't hide, and their pathetic NI contributions needs to be taken into account too.

Just sayin'

I spent 8yrs being self employed, Honestly I paid hardly owt, nothing to do with me it was the accountant that cooked the books as they say. The NI for self employed is a joke and needs to be addressed. By comparison my partner back then paid a fortune each month in both tax and NI. There's little wonder the employed are cynical with those who are self employed.

They're all bent!!

Edited by mrcharlie

A leader writer in the Irish Times has been sacked or suspended for stating that Clauda Winkerman (spelling?) has got her job and big salary because she is Jewish.

Along with the recent Labour party's spate of comments anti semitism seems to be spreading in all corners of public life .

Let us hope that history has taught us a lesson and that steps are taken to take the perpetrators to court and jail.

That's funny, I didn't think the self employed paid any taxes on their earnings other than what they can't hide, and their pathetic NI contributions needs to be taken into account too.

Just sayin'

I spent 8yrs being self employed, Honestly I paid hardly owt, nothing to do with me it was the accountant that cooked the books as they say. The NI for self employed is a joke and needs to be addressed. By comparison my partner back then paid a fortune each month in both tax and NI. There's little wonder the employed are cynical with those who are self employed.

They're all bent!!

Unless you're paid in cash then you can't hide anything.

So you pay corporation tax on the corporate profit, you pay PAYE and NI on any salary and you pay income tax on any dividend. Oh, and VAT as well from what you're charge the client.

Unless you're paid in cash then you can't hide anything.

Decent, hard working people can't hide anything. But the BBC can. And does.

This week, the BBC refused to reveal under freedom of information legislation how many staff it had sent to cover Glastonbury and the costs incurred. It also refused to disclose the number of guests it hosted, including any MPs, and the cost of its hospitality at the festival.

The corporation insists it is ‘not obliged’ to disclose the cost to BBC TV licence fee-payers of covering the five-day festival – arguing that it is protected by ‘freedom of expression and the rights of the media’ under Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights.

The BBC both hates and fears any kind of financial transparency and it has now reached a new low in using the Human Rights Act to avoid revealing how much public money (forced from the BBC TV licence fee payer) was spent on this extravaganza.

The BBC is not a publicly accountable organisation. FACT.

Decent, hard working people can't hide anything. But the BBC can. And does.

This week, the BBC refused to reveal under freedom of information legislation how many staff it had sent to cover Glastonbury and the costs incurred. It also refused to disclose the number of guests it hosted, including any MPs, and the cost of its hospitality at the festival.

The corporation insists it is ‘not obliged’ to disclose the cost to BBC TV licence fee-payers of covering the five-day festival – arguing that it is protected by ‘freedom of expression and the rights of the media’ under Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights.

Glastonbury is another example of where the BBC provides excellent, world class, value for money coverage.

Micheal Eavis has said many times that he turns down numerous higher offers from commercial broadcasters every year for the rights to the coverage, instead preferring the BBC and it's public service ideals:-

"All through the years, we’d have people phone us from Sky and Channel 4 – ‘Can we do it, we’ll do it better, we’ll pay you more money...’ – and I said, ‘Well, we’re not interested in the money. We want to support a national institution that benefits the whole wide world for free. OK? That’s it. Period,’ as they say!”

The BBC now has exclusive rights until 2022, via BBC Worldwide.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/bbc-to-take-glastonbury-to-a-global-audience/

Whatever the BBC pays for Glastonbury, it's well within the BBC's remit to entertain and they pay less than other broadcasters would.

Can't wait to hear how apoplectic you are about the BBC festival to replace Glastonbury next year:

http://www.nme.com/news/music/bbc-music-announce-massive-festival-to-replace-glastonbury-next-year-2115759

Well within the BBC's remit. As for the money, last I checked, Glastonbury makes a profit.....

The BBC both hates and fears any kind of financial transparency and it has now reached a new low in using the Human Rights Act to avoid revealing how much public money (forced from the BBC TV licence fee payer) was spent on this extravaganza.

Their rational for using the act is reasonable. Have you even bothered to look at what that is, or just parroting out what you read in a tabloid?

The BBC is not a publicly accountable organisation. FACT.

Utter nonsense... :loopy:

Lol, I bet I can guess which paper you read, not known for it's reasonable views and rigorous fact checking.... a bit like your posts!

Edited by Magilla