Whats Happened To The Sheffield Clubbing Scene ?

Having become single recently I have returned to the nightclub seen for the first time since 1994. WHATS HAPPENED TO SHEFFIELD ?????

Flares - Used to called Millionares, full of over 40s, The people in there looked more like the people you would find in a Working Mens Club.

KINGDOM, YATES, BANUS - Are these clubs for members of the 'Swearing Enthusiast's society' ? Most of the people were like the people you would see on the Jeremy Kyle Show.

VODKA REVOLUTION AREA/WEST STREET - What has happened to that end of town ? its gone posh?

Recomendations for a night out, where are the best places ???

I've only been to republic 5 times and im bored of it. Same playlist in the same order every friday night. Plus last nights the bouncers seemed to make it their business to be as unpolite and rude to as many people as they could be.

Kingdom i will never go to again, the music is good but the clientele is the dregs of society. Only been in Leadmill once and wasnt impressed.

I think its because I've been to Ibiza and done all the MAJOR clubs over there. Its never been the same in Sheffield since..

Having become single recently I have returned to the nightclub seen for the first time since 1994. WHATS HAPPENED TO SHEFFIELD ?????

Flares - Used to called Millionares, full of over 40s, The people in there looked more like the people you would find in a Working Mens Club.

KINGDOM, YATES, BANUS - Are these clubs for members of the 'Swearing Enthusiast's society' ? Most of the people were like the people you would see on the Jeremy Kyle Show.

VODKA REVOLUTION AREA/WEST STREET - What has happened to that end of town ? its gone posh?

Recomendations for a night out, where are the best places ???

I'm a little confused?!?

You ask where the best places are, yet you refer to the West St part of town turning posh as though posher places are not good.

There are loads of great bars in the city centre but not sure what to suggest as you seem to have been drawn so far to the grottiest of places.

Please be a little more specific as to what you're looking for.

I went to the earl the other week, it was truely awful. loads of weirdos and generally scarey people. the toilets looked like they had never been cleaned, and they charge £3 to get in :loopy:

imo the best nights in sheffield are plug and urban gorilla :D

Bed and GC were both owned by Simon Raine I think. He closed Bed down so we could have one "Superclub". More profitable for him that way and Bed needed a major refurb which would have cost about a million quid !

I was there for the last night - Hed Kandi NYE - awesome night. Little did I know the doors would never open again !

For me Republic doesn`t work as a club for Hed Kandi nights or any other house music night for that matter, Its too big and impersonal - Hustle is a prime example of that - was much better at Zero.

Archived