Whats Happened To The Sheffield Clubbing Scene ?

Bed and GC were both owned by Simon Raine I think. He closed Bed down so we could have one "Superclub". More profitable for him that way and Bed needed a major refurb which would have cost about a million quid !

I was there for the last night - Hed Kandi NYE - awesome night. Little did I know the doors would never open again !

For me Republic doesn`t work as a club for Hed Kandi nights or any other house music night for that matter, Its too big and impersonal - Hustle is a prime example of that - was much better at Zero.

Agree 100%

Bed was amazing, but not quite as good as when GC was at Arches.

Also Bed wasn't full of fecking kids running around drinking alco pops

Went in Republic last week for Hustle and it was very poor in my opinion - wasn`t helped by the fact that I felt the oldest there and im only 25 !!

It all went wrong when they shut the Arches...

:mad:

Here here.

Things run in cycles though, I'm sure something new will pop up soon.

For my money, C90, Tinnitus and our very own Dirty Cheese parties are the best things happening in Sheffield at the moment.

Everyone is urged to go to C90, the sight of Ceephax Acid Krew mc'ing about bananas and queues at Tesco is something I will hold dear for many years to come.

can i ask some of mi mates have sed the best place to go out in sheffield is a place called fuel can i have sum info on it please as me and mi girlfriend have jst moved up here from basingstoke

can i ask some of mi mates have sed the best place to go out in sheffield is a place called fuel can i have sum info on it please as me and mi girlfriend have jst moved up here from basingstoke

its a gay bar.

its a gay bar.

yep it sure is i frequant it myself with my boyfreind the atmosphere is nice the drink prices are ok and the door men and staff are freindly a very good night IMO :thumbsup: but each to their own as my mother says :D

hi my names mark park and i dj at fuel nightclub and id just like to tell you all that fuel has a GRAND RE-OPENING party this coming friday 26th may and it will be a party like no other exellent dj's playing the best of funky/elecro house in the main arena and as much cheese as you can handle in room 2 we all so have in store for you ,outragous entertainers ,live musicians ,stage shows and an atmostphere second 2 non so if your openminded and want to try something new and exciting come down and join the best mixed crowd ever !!!!!!!

see you on the dancefloor:D

hi my names mark park and i dj at fuel nightclub and id just like to tell you all that fuel has a GRAND RE-OPENING party this coming friday 26th may and it will be a party like no other exellent dj's playing the best of funky/elecro house in the main arena and as much cheese as you can handle in room 2 we all so have in store for you ,outragous entertainers ,live musicians ,stage shows and an atmostphere second 2 non so if your openminded and want to try something new and exciting come down and join the best mixed crowd ever !!!!!!!

see you on the dancefloor:D

Oh I must try this place out .......... I`ve never been ........... see ya this Friday :P :P :thumbsup:

Archived