Government breaking the law charging to take an employer to court

Government legislation has been found by the highest court in the land to have been illegal. The judges decided I favour of Unison who argued that fees of up to £1,200 were preventing workers – especially those on lower incomes – from getting justice.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/jul/26/union-supreme-court-fees-unfair-dismissal-claims

Excellent news today. Though not shared by everyone. Charlie Mullins, Tory Party donor, and owner of 'Plumco', said this ruling would cause mass unemployment. What a tool.

It should also be stopped or refunded to others who have to pay regardless of whether its an employment tribunal or not. At the moment its £1000 + VAT for each time a solicitor represents a person in the Magistrates Court on a Civil Court Case and any help with costs is means tested.

The Government do seem to be breaking the law, rather often. Was this the case when Labour were in power?

I can't be sure, but I do seem to recall that some of the legislation regarding terrorism was deemed illegal - by either the High Court or Supreme Court

I can't be sure, but I do seem to recall that some of the legislation regarding terrorism was deemed illegal - by either the High Court or Supreme Court

Yes, they allowed the anti terrorism act to be use for non-terrorism offences as well.