R.I.P Charlie Gard

Stephanie Nimmo's daughter died six months ago at Great Ormond Street Hospital in the same circumstances as Charlie. Stephanie was interviewed on BBC Breakfast this morning - link. The piece is 3 hours 10 minutes into the programme. It is a moving account and gives insight into the management of life limiting illness in children. The interview is worth listening to very carefully.

Charlie is now at peace and I hope that his parents can come to terms with his death.

Over three million children aged under five years-old die every year, mainly from preventable diseases and malnutrition. As the majority are in Africa, they don't tend to get much publicity.

"Leading causes of death in children under 5 years are preterm birth complications, pneumonia, birth asphyxia, diarrhoea and malaria. About 45% of all child deaths are linked to malnutrition. Children in sub-Saharan Africa are more than 14 times more likely to die before the age of 5 than children in developed regions."

Over three million children aged under five years-old die every year, mainly from preventable diseases and malnutrition. As the majority are in Africa, they don't tend to get much publicity.

"Leading causes of death in children under 5 years are preterm birth complications, pneumonia, birth asphyxia, diarrhoea and malaria. About 45% of all child deaths are linked to malnutrition. Children in sub-Saharan Africa are more than 14 times more likely to die before the age of 5 than children in developed regions."

As sad as this is it is not relevant to this thread.

I know more about the case than the general joe bloggs thats for sure!

---------- Post added 29-07-2017 at 12:55 ----------

We will never know now

If your knowledge is through the filter of the Charlie's Army FB site, then I'd probably put my money on Joe Bloggs.

I'm totally confident that GOSH, Charlie's court guardian (I've forgotten the official name), the court system and the judges (now, and at each stage previously) have had a much better understanding than Charlie's Army.

But saved him from possible further pain

I agree.

His condition was genetic and no end of 'treatment' was ever going to improve his condition - possibly prolong his life maybe but he was never going to improve or 'get better'.

He is FINALLY at peace now.

I hope that his parents can support each other through the very difficult months and years ahead.

RIP now little one.

I agree.

His condition was genetic and no end of 'treatment' was ever going to improve his condition - possibly prolong his life maybe but he was never going to improve or 'get better'.

He is FINALLY at peace now.

I hope that his parents can support each other through the very difficult months and years ahead.

RIP now little one.

You dont KNOW that. No one did!

---------- Post added 29-07-2017 at 17:03 ----------

If your knowledge is through the filter of the Charlie's Army FB site, then I'd probably put my money on Joe Bloggs.

I'm totally confident that GOSH, Charlie's court guardian (I've forgotten the official name), the court system and the judges (now, and at each stage previously) have had a much better understanding than Charlie's Army.

Through Connie.

---------- Post added 29-07-2017 at 17:04 ----------

But saved him from possible further pain

Actually he was never in pain.

You dont KNOW that. No one did!

---------- Post added 29-07-2017 at 17:03 ----------

Through Connie.

---------- Post added 29-07-2017 at 17:04 ----------

Actually he was never in pain.

Nobody knows for certain whether he was in pain. The Doctors think he may have been. They were unable to tell whether he felt pain, as I understand it.

His Godfather stated he was (I think it was during a suction process associated with ventilation, I'm not sure).