R.I.P Charlie Gard

You dont KNOW that. No one did!

---------- Post added 29-07-2017 at 17:03 ----------

Through Connie.

---------- Post added 29-07-2017 at 17:04 ----------

Actually he was never in pain.

You don't know that - nobody did.

Not his parents or you.

The doctors thought he probably was - poor little mite.

---------- Post added 29-07-2017 at 17:39 ----------

RIP little Charlie. The child belongs to the Parents and not the Government or any other agency. The parents wishes should be paramount.

Angel1

No - the child's well being is more important than the parents wishes.

Edited by Daven

RIP little Charlie. The child belongs to the Parents and not the Government or any other agency. The parents wishes should be paramount.

Angel1

"The child belongs to the parents". Frankly that is sick. Do you really believe that? The parents' wishes should be followed, where possible and provided it doesn't harm the child.

But in the UK, the child has rights, thankfully, and is not just a chattel belonging to the parents.

Who gets to decide what is in a child's best interests?

I've not been following this story much, but I did hear on the radio, they had 3 sets of lawyers for the court case. 1: for the parents, 2: for the hospital, 3: for Charlie himself.

I'm wondering how, did Charlie's legal representatives, know what the wishes of Charlie were? Or even how did they determine what was in his best interests?

---------- Post added 29-07-2017 at 18:09 ----------

But in the UK, the child has rights, thankfully, and is not just a chattel belonging to the parents.

Yet in some ways, we all are, chattel belonging to the state.

You don't know that - nobody did.

Not his parents or you.

The doctors thought he probably was - poor little mite.

---------- Post added 29-07-2017 at 17:39 ----------

Daven you were wrong above. You stated a certain thing. When you dont know. Own up to that.

If could have had a chance at a much better life if he wasn’t left this long to deteriorate. Doing the treatment would categorically not have caused things to be any worse or any side effects other than loose stools if upped too quickly.

He should have had a chance to try!