Why do poor people seem happier .

of course they are happier they have no worries on where the next months mortgage is coming from or fees for school or the things that make a good life!! all they have to do is fill in a few forms feign some disability or care need for a dependent and bobs your uncle free money, housing , help with this and that and guess what no pressure and they still can afford to smoke, go to the pub and have a big tv!!, dont make me laugh of course they are happy

Its smashing sending ones children to the nearest state school ,no fees to pay .no travelling by polluting four by four four, just shanks pony.

Mind you some of those grand dads knees and backs and wrists are knackered as well as lungs and hearts through working in the hell holes of grinding shops or furnaces or down the pit some times working a three foot high seems making it hard to stand straight now that old age has crept up on them.

Some of the grand ma's have bent and arthritic fingers and knees due to doing twi light shifts after a days washing and cleaning (without all the mod cons taken for granted now) , they have got these bent fingers working in scruffy cutlery works with leaking roofs and stone damp floors while buffing shiny silver trinkets worn by the richer people who through inheritance have passed their wealth down to the more privileged ( who come on these forums) and condemn these unfortunate people as being reckless and fickle for wanting a little help in their later years .

Shame on you.

Edited by samssong

of course they are happier they have no worries on where the next months mortgage is coming from or fees for school or the things that make a good life!! all they have to do is fill in a few forms feign some disability or care need for a dependent and bobs your uncle free money, housing , help with this and that and guess what no pressure and they still can afford to smoke, go to the pub and have a big tv!!, dont make me laugh of course they are happy

Yes, the poor do lead the life of Riley in Daily Mail land.

Meanwhile back in the real world, researchers have shown that in some of the most deprived areas of the country, there is a higher level of prescribing of antidepressants.

Edited by Mister M

Then go and join them! Quit your job (if you have one) and go live on benefits if it's such a big riot.

Yes, the poor do lead the life of Riley in Daily Mail land.

Meanwhile back in the real world, researchers have shown that in some of the most deprived areas of the country, there is a higher level of prescribing of antidepressants.

The former Welsh mining villages top the list. I'll find a link - it was on the BBC a couple of years back.

Kind of kicks the OPs vision of reality into touch.

If the playing field is levelled, then those already used to playing in the mud will have the advantage.

In an economic crisis, those with wealth will still have wealth.

Nobody comes along and takes away my house because the economy is suffering, nor do they take my savings or my cars and so on.

The wealthy have every advantage in an economic downturn.

---------- Post added 01-08-2017 at 17:05 ----------

If I said that Sheffield was built on seven hills you would come up with an extra one ,and that is demonstrably true:suspect:

You tried to change your point, I called you on it. Now instead of either disputing it or accepting it, you attack me instead. Predictable.

Then go and join them! Quit your job (if you have one) and go live on benefits if it's such a big riot.

why would i want to join them??? i said they should be happy as they have no responsibility !!! i on the other hand do and pay for them out of my taxes but i earn enough so i am happy also.

actually no i dont have a job i have a business that pays a lot of tax and i have a good level of lifestyle but i earn it through hard graft:roll:

why would i want to join them??? i said they should be happy as they have no responsibility !!! i on the other hand do and pay for them out of my taxes but i earn enough so i am happy also.

actually no i dont have a job i have a business that pays a lot of tax and i have a good level of lifestyle but i earn it through hard graft:roll:

Of course you do.

Pull the other one pal.