Clinton cards fargate

Don't try and talk sense, they've all got their rant on and there's no stopping them. :hihi:

I had a momentary lapse in judgement. I should have realised that you can't teach an old dog new tricks, just like you can't have a rational conversation with the usual anti-SCC crowd on here.

Once again the same old profiles are peddling the same old ant-SCC drivel. They completely ignore the fact that the leasing of the old Clinton's store to someone selling 'tat' has absolutely nothing to do with SCC & everything to do with a private landlord wanting to make money & not have his property empty.

So what about the policy of the Moor upgrade brought on by selling the whole shibang to Scottish Widows. This has lead to the death of one part of Town in High Street and Castlegate so as to appease the investment company.

Unless SCC actually own the shop / building / lease etc. Then what has it got to do with them what its used for. It's likely a private landlord who owns the shop.

Now that Clinton's have moved out, they are likely renting out the space at a discounted rate as a short term measure until they get a long lease client to sign up.

As far as i am aware, unless it's being used against its classification i.e. Shop is classified as A1 & its being used as a A4 then SCC have nothing to do with it & have no power to stop it opening. Clinton's would be classified as A1 & the cheap 'tat' shop would also be classed as A1.

If you want to blame someone then blame the landlord for allowing a 'tat' shop to open in their premises. Seems this is another thread simply to bash SCC.

It's no good explaining things rationally and using common sense to most of the people on here, it's a lost cause :(

I went in to worksop Clintons as I wanted some wrapping paper for a ruby wedding anniversary. I had avoided it as we have a card factory and I bought 2 lovely cards there for £1.49! (One for me to my aunt/uncle and one for my mum/dad to them). I also bought 7 cards for £1!!!! They were all generic happy birthday ones that would be great if I needed a card on short notice. They did not have any ruby theamed paper though. To my shock the wrapping paper was priced at £1.49 a sheet but reduced to 29p. I bought several different designs to keep in the wrapping draw. I did look at the ruby cards there and yes they were priced £1.99 + I remember when I only ever bought from Clintons.

my main points is this company still trading? and were are the other branchs and why if our city is vibrant are these top of the range shops not being taken up by these leading organisations that operate in other citys?

I don't think even SCC can carry any blame for a company this size

being in financial trouble

" Quotes from Retail WeeK"

"Clintons mulls UK store closures, job losses feared

13 FEBRUARY, 2017 BY BECKY WALLER-DAVIES"

"Clintons’ US owner is considering closing up to 120 UK stores, with hundreds of jobs at risk."

Edited by bazjea

The rush to the Moor so as to appease property investors is leading to the down grade of the traditional shopping areas in OUR City .

Sheffield Town planners and there cohorts at the Council could not run a pith up in a brewery

I thought the Moor WAS once the TRADITIONAL shopping area of Sheffield City centre.