British Gas to increase electricity prices by 12.5%

I am getting sceptical about the compare site.

Its 'Help beat cancer fixed online V2 fixed Jan 2019'

Based on average household consumption you're likely to save cira £80/year by switching to a cheaper provider like Avro Energy.

Average consumption = annual gas usage of 12,500 kWh and 3,100 kWh for electric.

If your annual consumption is higher than this, then your potential savings will be higher too.

One of the biggest anxieties people have about switching is disruption of service. The fear of your gas and electric being cut off whilst supplies are "switched over". I think this anxiety stems from our past experiences of switching broadband & mobile providers.

Of course none of that actually happens when switching energy providers because the truth is they don't physically supply you with your gas/electric!

When you switch providers all you're doing is changing who has the legal right to bill you based on your meter readings. That's pretty much it! In practical terms the only thing that changes is the number you call for customer service.

Based on average household consumption you're likely to save cira £80/year by switching to a cheaper provider like Avro Energy.

£80 a year is not a great deal of money, I am a low user too, and there will probably be a price rise before Jan 2019; so these compare sites are just a guide.

---------- Post added 07-08-2017 at 01:19 ----------

I just tried Money saving expert compare site and for my £35 per month it had me saving £40 year, when I put in the amount of energy I have been using recently, it gave a different supplier and gave a saving of £70, the supplier was 'Green Network'.

---------- Post added 07-08-2017 at 01:30 ----------

I switched my usage again and EDF came out top saving me £41 per year, they seem to give out different companies every time.