Company shop dog policy jobsworth.

I went into company shop today, leaving hubby in their carpark to take pooch a walk, but on letting the dog out of the car, he was told not to, as no dogs allowed in the car park.

This is a puppy, who is now with me in the car with the doors open, baking to death whilst hubby finishes the shop, not able to take her across a bit of tarmac to the carpark exit.

Are they allowed to do this?

I have never come across a no dog policy that extends to carparking.

---------- Post added 04-08-2017 at 15:31 ----------

The doors are open and she has water.

I went into company shop today, leaving hubby in their carpark to take pooch a walk, but on letting the dog out of the car, he was told not to, as no dogs allowed in the car park.

This is a puppy, who is now with me in the car with the doors open, baking to death whilst hubby finishes the shop, not able to take her across a bit of tarmac to the carpark exit.

Would have thought that as the property belongs to them that they can stipulate whatever rules and regulations they wish, while you are on the property.

Guest makapaka

It's not the shops fault that your dog is hot.

I never said it was their fault that my dog was hot. Hubby was going to carry pooch across the carpark to main road, and he was stopped. There is nothing on the website and I can see no signs to say dogs cant go in the carpark.

It's that expression :jobsworth: that I find offensive. Very often it is the persons job that is on the line, not the person making the rules. So as I always ask when :jobsworth: is mentioned, would you put your job on the line for someone you don't know, because I know I wouldn't ?

Guest makapaka

I like how the dog was "baking to death" but not so much that the husband didn't leave the shopping - but it's the shops fault that the dog was hot..........give me a break.

I guess they can have a rule about not allowing dogs in the car park, but if your husband were to carry the puppy out of the car park what were they actually going to do? Ban you from shopping, rugby tackle him, or get over it a few seconds later when the dog was no longer in the car park...

Technically inside the car is in the car park anyway, so the dog was already in the car park.