Gary Glitter ..

"Goggle"? Whatever's that?

Plus: it's irrelevant to the thread, other than containing "GG". We aren't discussing John Peel at all, surely?

Discussions are bound broaden, they have to if you're going make comparisons, for instance John Peel is pertinent to this discussion. So long as it relates to the topic its all good.

We can't talk about GG Allen on a family forum. It's well documented about peel.

It's a curious one with Peel. He was never formally charged with anything but a lot of allegations surfaced. If you look at what should be his legacy it hasn't really materialised as it could have apart from one crazy episode by the BBC. The Peel Sessions get played a lot on BBC radio but they are more about the bands he invited in than him.

Another similar one is Woody Allen who hooked up with his underage stepdaughter. His films used to be regularly broadcast until that became public. Very rarely now.

I think both of those have reduced levels of broadcast for reasons broadly similar to Glitter, although to not the same level.

Again it all comes back to levels of tolerance by society. A sadistic and predatory serial paedophile with numerous convictions is going to be right at the bottom of peoples' Christmas card lists.

It's a curious one with Peel. He was never formally charged with anything but a lot of allegations surfaced. If you look at what should be his legacy it hasn't really materialised as it could have apart from one crazy episode by the BBC. The Peel Sessions get played a lot on BBC radio but they are more about the bands he invited in than him.

Another similar one is Woody Allen who hooked up with his underage stepdaughter. His films used to be regularly broadcast until that became public. Very rarely now.

I think both of those have reduced levels of broadcast for reasons broadly similar to Glitter, although to not the same level.

Again it all comes back to levels of tolerance by society. A sadistic and predatory serial paedophile with numerous convictions is going to be right at the bottom of peoples' Christmas card lists.

Absolutely brilliant retort

Glitter I think is seen as high profile peado because he essentially was a crap singer. Peel on the other hand had an amazing ear for future musical talent. And integrity. Which is a strange dichotomy. I would like further discussion on this as I'm concerned.

Edited by Jason crock
Trying to please habuit