Gary Glitter ..

I think you mean Peel: a not-convicted paedophile.

Unless you consider a 26 year old man having a relationship with a 15 year old girl ok?

Teacher Jeremy Forrest was only a few years older and got sentenced to 5 and a half years after his relationship with a 15 year old girl.

Paedophilia: exclusive or predominant sexual attraction to prepubescent children: It is not a criminal offence to be a paedophile. The offence would be sexual activity with a child. Sexual intercourse with a child under 13 is statutory rape in the UK.

In several countries in Europe the age of consent is 14 or 15 with caveats in place regarding the age of the older person varying from country to country. In France what you allege Peel to have done wouldn't be illegal to my knowledge.

Forrest's case is aggravated by him being in a position of trust.

I remember an article in the Mail about the Sunderland footballer being convicted and they liberally threw in the word paedophile. But a few pages later they were happy to feature a pointless story about Cindy Crawford's 15 year old daughter looking all grown up with barely concealed sexual overtones. It was disgusting hypocrisy. And didn't another paper run a countdown to Charlotte Church's 16th?

Edited by Jacko92

I think you mean Peel: a not-convicted paedophile.

Unless you consider a 26 year old man having a relationship with a 15 year old girl ok?

Teacher Jeremy Forrest was only a few years older and got sentenced to 5 and a half years after his relationship with a 15 year old girl.

Paedophilia: exclusive or predominant sexual attraction to prepubescent children: It is not a criminal offence to be a paedophile. The offence would be sexual activity with a child. Sexual intercourse with a child under 13 is statutory rape in the UK.

In several countries in Europe the age of consent is 14 or 15 with caveats in place regarding the age of the older person varying from country to country. In France what you allege Peel to have done wouldn't be illegal to my knowledge.

Forrest's case is aggravated by him being in a position of trust.

I remember an article in the Mail about the Sunderland footballer being convicted and they liberally threw in the word paedophile. But a few pages later they were happy to feature a pointless story about Cindy Crawford's 15 year old daughter looking all grown up with barely concealed sexual overtones. It was disgusting hypocrisy. And didn't another paper run a countdown to Charlotte Church's 16th?

Further to the above - Peel's perhaps not healthy, but not paedophilic relationship with his first wife he then remarried and remained happily so for thirty plus years without a shred of suspicion about his sexual interests.

I stand by my assertion that Mr Peel wasn't a paedophile and thus my earlier statement is true - Glitter paedophile, Peel not paedophile.

To return to the point, if people like the music, let them play it, but it's not as if he was particularly good at anything anyway.

Absolutely brilliant retort

Glitter I think is seen as high profile peado because he essentially was a crap singer. Peel on the other hand had an amazing ear for future musical talent. And integrity. Which is a strange dichotomy. I would like further discussion on this as I'm concerned.

You forgot to throw in your trademark spelling mistakes. :)

Further to the above - Peel's perhaps not healthy, but not paedophilic relationship with his first wife he then remarried and remained happily so for thirty plus years without a shred of suspicion about his sexual interests.

I stand by my assertion that Mr Peel wasn't a paedophile and thus my earlier statement is true - Glitter paedophile, Peel not paedophile.

To return to the point, if people like the music, let them play it, but it's not as if he was particularly good at anything anyway.

There were some further allegations about Peel. Quite bad ones.