Gary Glitter ..

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

I'd forgotten about the Glitter Band. They made some really good music.

tbh, even though im owd, im still young lol, 1980 was the start of my musical era proper (with Adam and the ants - kings of the wild frontier), the 70s generally i find cheesy, especially the glam rock stuff

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

tbh, even though im owd, im still young lol, 1980 was the start of my musical era proper (with Adam and the ants - kings of the wild frontier), the 70s generally i find cheesy, especially the glam rock stuff

I'm probably of the same vintage as you mel. 

I can remember in the early 80s, a lot of glam stuff was considered naff. Though from the vantage point of 2023, and the charts looking like they are, the early 70s are a golden age!

Edited by Mister M
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I'm probably of the same vintage as you mel. 

I can remember in the early 80s, a lot of glam stuff was considered naff. Though from the vantage point of 2023, and the charts looking like they are, the early 70s are a golden age!

yeah being older i can like a lot that i never did back in the day

On 16/09/2017 at 20:04, kidley said:

i think i am correct in saying, the glitter band now, is not the glitter band that was.

I think the drummer (Pete) was in the original line up (Glittermen). John Rossall who was also in the original line up that performed with Gary  was touring up until his death a few years ago.   They both play/played songs performed by Gary and the stuff they did without Gary.  I think Giltter sold the rights to his music to Sony in the 90's so doesn't get any royalties from them.

On 03/02/2023 at 14:46, Baron99 said:

Having received a fixed term sentence of 16 years for his crimes, he's just been released 8 years into his sentence. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64509245.amp

Apparently he will be closely monitored & be fitted with a tag.   I wouldn't have minded my taxes being spent keeping him inside another 8 years. 

Don't worry.  given his record of offending I expect  he'll be back inside again very soon,

On 03/02/2023 at 19:26, cressida said:

I recall Glitter appearing on This Morning when Richard and Judy were the hosts,  he was asking them to find him a girlfriend, expecting to get one using phone-in,  very immature (and pasty looking)  probably a p.r. stunt.

That's incredibly creepy.   It's a bit like when Louis Theroux spent time with Jimmy Savile & he was going on about women. 

There's a BBC programme that'll never be seen again. 

Edited by Baron99

All of these comments are so predictable, if justice had have been done he would just be a bad memory.

On 03/02/2023 at 23:50, Zinger549 said:

I think the drummer (Pete) was in the original line up (Glittermen). John Rossall who was also in the original line up that performed with Gary  was touring up until his death a few years ago.   They both play/played songs performed by Gary and the stuff they did without Gary.  I think Giltter sold the rights to his music to Sony in the 90's so doesn't get any royalties from them.

I know for a fact  that if Pete had have known he would have not taken on that role ,Pete was a proper gentleman .

Edited by choogling