Gary Glitter ..

This is a bit obscure I would have thought but I like the Gill Sans typeface. Eric Gill the designer of the typeface had sex with his teenage daughters, his sisters and dog.

But I doubt most people would recognise the typeface and chances are they wouldn't know about what he got up to either.

I think the more prominent and recent the criminal acts are the more like we are to deride the artwork. As time goes on and especially if the crimes are less well known about then we seem (as in all of us/general public) less likely to care what the artist did in their personal lives.

yes that was part of my thinking , why is the music banned ? if all music , television , arts and so on were banned because of criminality , we wouldn't have much left

i never play gary glitter records on the disco not because of any ban but because of the possible reaction from the audience .

Edited by choogling

That's only really relevant if you liked them BEFORE it became apparent what kind of person he was.

Yes I see what you mean, but the op does raise questions about whether its "OK" to appreciate and like things regardless of who did them.

Possibly because Gadd would still get royalties every-time his music is played.

and? his music has as already been pointed out created well before and has nothing to do with his peadophillia. you cant stop somebody earning what is rightfully theres from what they have created. and like i said its not right on the others in the band either.

both sets of activities are completely seperate

---------- Post added 05-08-2017 at 12:06 ----------

Alan Turing, considered to be the father of the modern computer, also became a criminal. He was later pardoned posthumously.

thats it, muddy the waters by trying to sneak together (yet again) being gay and peadophillia :roll:

and? his music has as already been pointed out created well before and has nothing to do with his peadophillia. you cant stop somebody earning what is rightfully theres from what they have created. and like i said its not right on the others in the band either.

both sets of activities are completely seperate

---------- Post added 05-08-2017 at 12:06 ----------

thats it, muddy the waters by trying to sneak together (yet again) being gay and peadophillia :roll:

How do you know they were totally separate phases of his life?

It's unlikely he stopped being a pop star then started as a paedophile. It's more likely he was both, at the same time.