Moving back to sheffield - where not to move to

I live at Newfield Green end of Blackstock Road and moved here from Arbourthorne 18 months ago. It's a different world to Arbourthorne, it's so quiet I have much nicer neighbours. People slate Gleadless Valley but I don't have any problems with it. There are good and bad people on all estates.

Ah, sorry for the slight rant. I didn't cope all that well with hitting 50 and just wanted to rev myself up a bit. What I wrote was all true though :)

You're going to love it when you turn 60 and everyone starts calling you sweetheart and talking to you as if you're a small child.

Ah, sorry for the slight rant. I didn't cope all that well with hitting 50 and just wanted to rev myself up a bit. What I wrote was all true though :)

Your post made me laugh! I'm twenty years older than you, so I'm used to some people's perception of 'old'. ☺️ I can understand why sheltered housing was offered to fifty year olds when most people barely made retirement age, but not these days, especially when state retirement age keeps going up.

Lectrolove, I dare anyone to talk to me as if I'm a small child!

How is the lodge moor area? Im tired of dealing with smack heads in the city centre on a daily basis and get the impression moving west of the city is generally the best way to go.

Any feedback/thoughts would be appreciated! :)

I have moved to Lodge Moor area or very close to Lodge Moor. If you are a young family, you'll probably enjoy and appreciate the quiter, cleaner, countryside feel to it.

I am very pleased with our move.